Defensive Carry banner

"Girl Bullets" from Hornady?

16K views 50 replies 35 participants last post by  Oldpsufan 
#1 ·
Interesting concept and for a good cause:

Interesting how Hornady is really trying to market to core customer bases.

#37 ·
Wish they made them in .357 mag hollow points. I might be tempted. Looking down the muzzle of my gun with pink bullets seen in the cylinder might make a BG think twice. "Do I really want to be killed with pink bullets?" Don't think I'll change my grips for pink ones though.

One thought . . . how many men would steal a pink gun? How many men would shoot one?

Now if Hornady really wanted to support breast cancer . . . they should make pink bullets for machine guns!

#39 ·
I think this whole thing is a stupid concept. If someone can't handle a .38 .... . go buy one of the new .380 revolvers or a semi and get over it.

#43 ·
My buddy shoots .38 Special. I'll get him a box. Unfortunately he's a BIG man. Fortunately I can run faster than him. I have to wonder if I can outrun a pink bullet, though. lol. A dab of aluminum paint to cover the pink might be the answer.

"Hey Doc - this dude's got a pink bullet in him (((chuckle chuckle)))".

#44 ·
I have light loads for my wife's 642 (with pink grips) and she can shoot all day long. If I used the standard 38 specials, she would stop after 50rds assuming she uses her gel glove...

I will get a box and see if they are comparable to what she shoots now as a light load...

#45 ·
Hate to revive an old thread however I finally found some of this ammo after looking since last year.
38 Special 90 gr FTX® Critical Defense® LITE

Then at a gun show i found some Hornady lite 38 with pink tips. This will go with my girl gun collection on the wall of diversity.

#46 ·
You know if it's true that defense lawyers sometimes try to make a case that someone was using hollow-points and was bloodthirsty and looking to harm their client who tried to abduct and kill them...er I mean turn their life around, wouldn't it make an equally logical point for someone to say 'I wasn't even using a Man bullet, I shot the bad guy, er defendant who was trying to kill me with a pink girl bullet, how can you possibly convict me of anything. I was just fighting my way to my pink Nerf bat and he kept coming at me', or something like that. (lol).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.