Range prohibits CCI Blazer, all other aluminum cased, steel cased ammunition?

This is a discussion on Range prohibits CCI Blazer, all other aluminum cased, steel cased ammunition? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a range yesterday in Chaddsford PA ( Targetmaster Indoor Firearm Range and Gun Shop ) and they prohibit CCI Blazer and all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Range prohibits CCI Blazer, all other aluminum cased, steel cased ammunition?

Range prohibits CCI Blazer, all other aluminum cased, steel cased ammunition?

I went to a range yesterday in Chaddsford PA (Targetmaster Indoor Firearm Range and Gun Shop) and they prohibit CCI Blazer and all other aluminum cased, steel cased ammunition. They had signs posted all over the building and I asked a range officer why and he said that it causes problems with the ventilation system. I have never seen a rule like this before. Does anyone know why this would be a problem? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SnubMan View Post
    I went to a range yesterday in Chaddsford PA ([url=http://www.targetmaster.com/] he said that it causes problems with the ventilation system.
    That's funny why would it cause problems with the vent system LOL, guys an idiot.

They don't want you shooting probably because they are worried with what bullet it might have in it (heard that some of that stuff has a steel core in them and they are worried about back stop damage) or they don't want those cases mixed in with the spent brass casings that they probably sell to somebody for reloading.

That is my guess at least.
    nedrgr21 and Hopyard like this.

VIP Member
    Sounds like they should id the problem and narrow the remedy.
    Probably want you to purchase ammo from them or too lazy to separate the spent cases.

I say find a different range! Why would such a common brand of ammunition be banned? Sounds like they just want people to by ammo from them.
    RemMod597 and aus71383 like this.

His reason is BS,they are selling the brass either for reloading,or to a salvage yard and they don't want to have to sort it,steel cases can be pulled out with a magnet,but aluminum would have to be sorted by hand
    40Bob, WHEC724, TVille and 9 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The range that I frequent doesn't allow steel cased ammunition, but haven't heard of a problem with aluminum cased. I always assumed it was because they collect and recycle the brass at a facility that can't handle steel. Then again, aluminum wouldn't mix too well with the brass either, so I dunno.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    One thought is that they make money off the brass as they sell it to support the range. The steel and alum. are a waste. The indoor ranges in CA/NV have some issue with the steel case ammo. Also the the primers and powder of the steel case, unless it the new Hornady, are corrosive and this maybe a problem.
    Eagleks likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

GH
    I have to agree with the brass salvage theory. I certainly can't think of any other reason.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    His reason is BS,they are selling the brass either for reloading,or to a salvage yard and they don't want to have to sort it,steel cases can be pulled out with a magnet,but aluminum would have to be sorted by hand
    Exactly! Mixed cases are sold as "dirty" brass, which gets a lower price. They see an opportunity to get a higher price by banning non-brass cases.
    aus71383, 40Bob and Eagleks like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Our local indoor range has banned Tulammo, Blazer, etc. They told me it was the number of malfunctions combined with new shooters making for an unsafe range.

It's the resale value of brass, nothing more. Indoor ranges have e banned some of the Russian stuff like wolf due to ventilation concerns, but not steel cases.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

They have to sort the spent casings to get the brass ones. They make serious money selling them. Any other reason they give you is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart6 View Post
    Our local indoor range has banned Tulammo, Blazer, etc. They told me it was the number of malfunctions combined with new shooters making for an unsafe range.
    I call BS on this excuse. An indoor range in our town SELLS Tulammo as their range ammo when they're low on the brass stuff. And from my observation, I see LOTS of inexperienced shooters here. Never a problem, and I've never felt or seen anything unsafe. I lean toward the $$ being the real reason.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Sounds like they should id the problem and narrow the remedy.
    Probably want you to purchase ammo from them or too lazy to separate the spent cases.
    We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yep, they want to sell you their own ammo and they don't want to have to separate the brass, which are both valid reasons. However, I would still find another range just because they thought it was OK to lie to me.
    aus71383 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links