Where can I buy handgun ammo at a cheap price?

This is a discussion on Where can I buy handgun ammo at a cheap price? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Where can I purchase handgun ammo at a cheap price without compromising function of my handgun? I was on Cheaper than Dirt website and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where can I buy handgun ammo at a cheap price?

Hello,

Where can I purchase handgun ammo at a cheap price without compromising function of my handgun? I was on Cheaper than Dirt website and they offer PMC ammo which is a few bucks less than other brands but is it reliable?

Thanks Frado

I get the cheap stuff at Wally-World of all places. Whinchester White Box for range and Remmington and Winchester JHP's for carry if needed. Ya get what ya pay for but it'll kill paper, cardboard, and other critters as dead as anything else if your on a limited budget.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    stay away from Jack Ross Ammo good shooting but still owe me money or ammo had to file a BBB complaint
    onacoma likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

sgammo.com is a good place to start. They have LE Gold Dot and Federal HST, both in +p for 26/50 count. That is half the price you will find locally.

You need to buy by the case if you want to assure a good price on ammo.

The other way to get a good price is to get lucky at walmart. The carry Federal 115g 100 count boxes for 19.95. That is case price, the problem is that it gets picked up fast and they are out a lot.

If your gun cycles it, Tula or Wolf steel case is the cheapest you will find at 10 bucks a box or 185/case
    onacoma likes this.

Wally World for the 100 round WWB special. If you have a Farm an Fleet in Michigan they sell Blazer Brass for under $13 a box of 50.

I use PMC Bronze 380 in my Bersa and Beretta with no problems at all. But I clean my weapons completely after EACH shoot. I get my ammo whenever Cheaper than Dirt has a sale.

A place called "LEE PRO-1000" is the cheapest. Conveniently delivered free of charge to your garage or basement.

I also use CTD, Natchez, SG, and Cabellas. Wherever the deals are.

Stay AWAY from Wolf Ammo...... no matter how cheap. When it works it's the DIRTIEST stuff around and when you get the 'bad' stuff you'll think your gun is dying a slow, painful death. The worst quality ammo out there.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I've shot about a bazillion rounds of PMC in .223 and 5.56, as well as quite a few boxes in .308 and several pistol calibers. Never had a lick of trouble with any of it. I think it's probably the best low-buck brass-cased ammo out there.

Regards,
    Jim

I have fallen in love with slickguns.com - a forum sponsor. You can sort by cost per round and get brass 223 ammo for $320 per thousand; brass 9mm for under $200 per thousand. Those are good deals as far as I am concerned.

Also ammoseek.com and Wally World.

I have been through hundreds of rounds of PMC in 9mm, .45ACP, and .223 and it has been good ammo.

If you order from CTD pay attention to the "warehouse" your order is coming from. You want your entire order to come from the same warehouse or you will pay more in shipping charges. Other than that CTD is a decent place to order from, ammo or otherwise.
    pilgrimshooter likes this.

Freedom ammunition. I have a few thousand rounds through 2 guns and not a single problem.

Re: Where can I buy handgun ammo at a cheap price?

Do gun shows happen to be cheaper than online?

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

One needs to be constantly "shopping" around to find the best deals..... Ammunition prices are starting to be like the price of gasoline......
    goldshellback likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links