Defensive Carry banner

Dave Spaulding discusses stopping power

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  481 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Spaulding is the guy I would want to take a class for he seems to be very practical and effective

His results is one of the reasons the smallest gun I carry is the 10 rd g26. Sure the single stacks are smaller but as he pointed out, its about 3 rounds in one second. Another target and I am reloading after firing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#9 ·
I read one of his books. Good stuff.

I have .380s, 9mms, a .38 Spl, and a .45. The one real advantage I feel the .45 has is not from the larger diameter of the bullet, but the bullet's heavier weight. If you have a need to shoot through a barrier like windshield glass, the point of impact is going to be closer to the point of aim with the heavier bullets. If you go over to Theboxotruth, their testing shows that windshields deflect 9mm more than .40, which is deflected more than .45. The .45 was not deflected much, if at all.

As an Auxiliary, we get tasked with a lot of details that involve traffic control. Thus, we deal with a lot of people in/around cars. That's why I bought myself a .45.

Other than that, I don't feel there is much difference when it comes to handgun calibers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.