hornady zombie max any good?

This is a discussion on hornady zombie max any good? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; saw the hornady zombie max ammo at my local gs the other day and was told by the owner it supposed to be the new ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By ksholder

Thread: hornady zombie max any good?

hornady zombie max any good?

saw the hornady zombie max ammo at my local gs the other day and was told by the owner it supposed to be the new big thing in sd ammo. the specs look similar if not the same to some of their other ammo so im wondering if its just marketing? any input is appreciated.
    ruger91

NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Re: hornady zombie max any good?

It is the same as their Critical Duty ammo but in green. Marketing difference only.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

thanks droidgeorge thats what i expected.
    ruger91

NRA member

Yup nothing more than a marketing scheme, its nothing special just like the rest of Hornadys line nothing special...

Actually it's the same as the Critical Defense line, not the Critical Duty line.

It can only be used on Zombies. It will not kill the living, only the un-dead.

ruger91 and mano3 like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Yep it is the same stuff with a green tip. Was a "fun" marketing ploy. The stores around here sell it cheaper then the regular, so I picked up several boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    It can only be used on Zombies. It will not kill the living, only the un-dead.

I was actually wondering about that. If you were to use the Zombie Max ammo in SD, could they use that against you?

This is from the Hornady website.
    Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

It's a gimmick marketing ploy that may get a defensive shooting a whole new set of problems when gimmick ammo is used.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

RAL
    It works best when being shot from zombie green guns. The bullets make ER doctors wonder if they should bother patching them up since they're already dead.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

VIP Member
    I have seen it, read the box and picked my usual golden sabers. I am not into gimmicks.
    joker1 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I've watched all those Zombie Movies & a few episodes of the new TV show, so I'm pretty sure that qualifies me as an expert. If you're concerned about a Zombie Home Invasion or Zombie Car Jacking, Hornady recommends Green Box. If living human beings are still the primary threat in your travels, stick with Critical Defense or XTP.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links