Clear Gel Test - Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60 grain JHP

This is a discussion on Clear Gel Test - Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60 grain JHP within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ran some terminal tests on these tiny 60 grain JHPs earlier this year and just refreshed my .32 JHP data with some new clear ...

Thread: Clear Gel test - Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60 grain JHP

Clear Gel test - Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60 grain JHP

I ran some terminal tests on these tiny 60 grain JHPs earlier this year and just refreshed my .32 JHP data with some new clear gel tests.

As with the previous tests, these results may surprise you.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Clear Gel testing Fiocchi 32 Auto 60 Grain JHP

Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

2. Remove Ads

Great job as always! Makes me think the lowly 32, while not ideal, WOULD be better than throwing rocks! Thinking about the previous test you referred to, I wonder if the two Fiocchi loads you reference are the the same but for some legal reason the newer ones have a different label. I read somewhere here how one of the smaller ammo producers use bullets form a major manufactor and can't refer to them by name but they are a "bonded jhp". With that in mind I wonder if the difference between the two results could be the slight difference between the two test mediums. Or, maybe, just the difference between two bullets.

Thanks again for the work you put in to these!

Mark

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Thanks again, I use a 32 cal Titan with a 3.5" barrel, so I was very interested in the difference between the shorter and longer barrels. Ive always used FMJ ammo on small cal guns, but this makes me think it may not make that much difference in penetration. DR

Links