New testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 124 Grain 9mm +P

New Testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 124 Grain 9mm +P

This is a discussion on New Testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 124 Grain 9mm +P within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not picking on Gold Dots, they just happened to be first through the new test protocol. HST, Win Ranger T, Hornady, and others may ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ljutic

Thread: New testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 124 Grain 9mm +P

New testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 124 Grain 9mm +P

I'm not picking on Gold Dots, they just happened to be first through the new test protocol. HST, Win Ranger T, Hornady, and others may follow at a later date. It really depends on how the first batch of 3 videos is received. This is part two of the three part series.

kmagnuss likes this.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Great testing, I love seeing these types of tests, hope to see more of them with different brands in the future... my testing is done for the season, getting to cold and wet to drag all my gear out LOL.... I got all my blocks melted and recast, and all wrapped up....till next spring...

VIP Member
    I only question your selection of the 3 layers of pigskin.
    I don't think the human body is that tough, and what % was the block you used.?

Thanks for testing,
    IMHO this bullet would have put a severe hurt on most individuals, and if a quick follow up was in order, that perp would be going down for the count ; I think this bullet was NOT a fail, rather it wasn't a complete textbook pretty expansion, but it worked.
    Where is a link to the first test round?
    I missed seeing part one.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I only question your selection of the 3 layers of pigskin.
    I don't think the human body is that tough, and what % was the block you used.? In my mind the pigskin and denim are there to represent clothing. Funny you mention human skin because I purchased the pig skin thinking I could rehydrate one layer as a substitute for skin, but this stuff refuses to accept water. It's like it's waterproofed as part of the tanning process. The clear gel is a 100% synthetic substitute for 10% ordnance gel.

Thanks for testing, Sure thing. This series was fun and I learned quite a bit about projectile performance. So much so that I'm adjusting what I carry during the cold weather months.

Where is a link to the first test round? New Testing Series - Gold Dots Under Stress 165 Grain 40 S&W
    I missed seeing part one.
    Part 3 will probably go up next week. Part three looks at the .357 Sig Gold Dot.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Great testing, I love seeing these types of tests, hope to see more of them with different brands in the future... my testing is done for the season, getting to cold and wet to drag all my gear out LOL.... I got all my blocks melted and recast, and all wrapped up....till next spring...
    I'm still working through the publication of old tests, but hope to get out and get a few more done over the Winter. Just need another one of those bluebird days like last Sunday. Thought about going out today, but we have Seattle weather today.

Sponsored Links