Questions about reloading

This is a discussion on Questions about reloading within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, that's actually the only way you could use the powder check die. Seating and crimping in separate stages is actually fairly new to reloading ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Questions about reloading

Sponsor
    Yeah, that's actually the only way you could use the powder check die. Seating and crimping in separate stages is actually fairly new to reloading pistol cartridges. Most of the pistol caliber bullet seating dies are combo seat and crimp dies. They roll crimp and you need to make sure they are set up correctly so as not to over crimp. Not to mention that they actually start the crimp before the bullet is fully seated.

Since seeing into the case at position 4 isn't a big deal for me, I prefer to use the Factory Crimp die as it is a taper crimp and also re-sizes the completed cartridge. Some elitist re-loaders take the position that if you do everything perfectly you shouldn't need to re-size the finished cartridge, but I see it as cheap insurance against any possible bulged cases.
    Exsimguy1 likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links