which is better!

This is a discussion on which is better! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 3 guns. A model 28-2 S&W .357 MAGNUM an S&W model 410 .40 Just bought it last night and a COLT Defender .45acp ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KBSR

Thread: which is better!

which is better!

I have 3 guns. A model 28-2 S&W .357 MAGNUM an S&W model 410 .40 Just bought it last night and a COLT Defender .45acp just bought it Wednesday. I have Federal LE Tactical Hydra-Shok 158gr HP ammo for the .357 Federal LE Tactical HST 165gr HP Ammo for the S&W.40 and FEDERAL LE Tactical Bonded 230gr +P HP for the .45acp. All ammo was recommended by the gun stores i bought the last 2 from. Would these be considered GOOD stopping power ammo. I know very little about ammo. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

All of those would be fine. Shoot the enough in the autos to make sure they function reliable.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ditto. Differences between various modern SD bullet performances is overthought. Reliable feeding and function is paramount to proper selection.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Your gun store steered you well I believe. Like someone else said, shoot it to make sure it functions well in your particular gun before trusting your life to it.
    aus71383 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

All good ammo and good guns. Put the bullet where it belongs and you'll be just fine with any one of those combinations.

FWIW, the .357 can be a handfull to shoot and follow up shots can be tough. Practice makes perfect.

yes all good rounds... the tactical bonded in.45acp is good but I found them to not feed very well in my glock 30, but they expand very nice... here are some pics of the .45 tactical bonded, and .40 HST..

Thanks guys i will try them in the .45 and .40. I have had the .357 for a while and i like it very much. and yes it is a hand full on quick shooting BUT im getting the hang of it. Have put a box of 230gr TCJ thru the .45 it is definitely quicker to respond on rapid fire shots. Have not fired the .40 yet but can not wait to see how the wife handles it cause the .40 is for her!

Links