I know why the shelves are bare.

This is a discussion on I know why the shelves are bare. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got plenty of primers, powder, bullets & boolits ; ) H/D...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I know why the shelves are bare.

Got plenty of primers, powder, bullets & boolits ; )

H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

I have never run out of ammo or panic buy,I can cast bullets and reload for everything from 380 to 44 magnum,223 and 308,Ihave about 10 pounds of rifle powder and 40 pounds of pistol powder not to mention around 50,000 primers.I been reloading for about 8 years and I shoot around 300 rounds every week,even when nobody else could find ammo.But even unprepared reloaders that buy 1000 primers and a pound of powder at a time got caught because the primers were bought up and Powder that was very common was sold out
    The people that get caught in the panic buying are the people that can pretty much only afford a box of ammo a month and I feel for those guys,but people that have the cash reserves to stockpile either ammo or get into reloading but wait til the panic is on.
    There are also retailers that buy cases of ammo and then when people need it jack the prices up 100% thats a hell of a return on your money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Wait... you don't think there is going to be an AWB?? There has already been one before, and this administration, Holder, Fienstein, and others want an AWB. Not to mention that the media is pushing for it.

If I remember correctly, a very similar incident led to the gun ban in England...

So if 30 round magazines and semi-auto rifles are possibly about to be banned, why wouldn't people be panicking and buying them while they can??

^^^^^^Funny how some people^^^^^^^^^

Keep their heads in the sand, then when the sky does fall, they can't see it.

They scream , "This is America for God sakes, they would never do this, & never do that".
    While is some other state, what they are saying will never happen, already has.
    Badey and daddysgirl like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I shoot a couple thousand rounds of 22lr a year, and nearly a thousand center fire rounds yearly also. I try to keep a two year supply on hand. But this year I'm a little behind in the rimfire. I have reloading supplys to keep me shooting for at least another couple of years in all the calibers I'm set up to reload. But I need to find a god sale on 22lr. DR

After experiencing the Obammoscare of 2008-2009, I make sure to keep about 1000 rounds of every caliber on hand at all times. That way I can still go shooting and wait 'til prices decline to replenish. This'll slow down at some point.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Senior Moderator
    Some observations and conclusions that I have come to over the years...

Those that do not observe,or refuse to see and understand the world around them...
    call it hoarding, panic buying, price gouging, and put the blame on the retailers...

Those that do observe, pay attention and anticipate...
    but what they can, when they can, while they can.

When it is out, it is out.

There will be those that have what they need and there will be those that wish they had what they need but are too late.
    JDE101 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    They will never take our guns away or our ammunition so hoarding it is not necessary. On another note, people keep saying ammunition is going to skyrocket. Only because everyone has bought it all up. As it becomes scarce, the manufacturers cannot keep up with ther demand and will raise prices. Just buy what you need and let others buy what they need. Keep the cost down and for Pete's sake...SHARE!
    Yep, in 1994 millions of people said the same thing, and for a 10 year period we enjoyed the Clinton Gun Ban. So keep deluding yourself. We have a much different climate this time around, with a very vile, anti-gun administration. We have a lame duck president who didn't do anything about guns during his first term, because he wanted a second term to finish his damage... I mean finish his "Fundemental Transformation of America", (his words, not mine). He has a lot of favors to repay, and promises to keep with the anti-gun zealots who are pissed he didn't do anything about it during his first term.

He had full intentions of addressing our guns in the second term, if he got a second term. And you can take it to the bank, he's going to address them now that he has a second term. This recent school shooting in CT, was all they needed to put it on a "fast track." Especially with a Republican (supposedly pro-gun) party in complete disarray and barely holding control of the House with their fingers.

I look for things to be done in stages over the next 4 years. But if Republican's lose control of the House in the 2014 mid-terms, we are toast, and it'll be full steam ahead for Obama & Co.

Now I ask you, what exactly to you think a "Fundemental Transformation of America" means?

When people tell you exactly what they are going to do... Why do so many people continue not to believe them?

Obama: "We're going to fundementally transform America!"
    Obama: "I fully support an Assault Weapons Ban!"
    JDE101 and tcox4freedom like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I hope it means getting out of debt, starting fewer guerrilla wars, and letting the free market economy do what it does best. Smaller government/less waste would be nice too. That's change I can believe in!

But seriously - they are definitely going to try to ban guns. Having a 2 party system, and the Republican party always looking like a bunch of idiots doesn't help at all.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Been slowly stocking my shelves for a L-O-N-G time. No need to panic here. Would love to start reloading, maybe this spring.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

Now I ask you, what exactly to you think a "Fundemental Transformation of America" means?
    When people tell you exactly what they are going to do... Why do so many people continue not to believe them?

Obama: "We're going to fundementally transform America!"
    Obama: "I fully support an Assault Weapons Ban!"

^^Maybe this^^^^^^^^^^^^
    seen below.

Agenda 21 is a two-decade old, grand plan for global ’Sustainable Development,’ brought to you from the United Nations. George H.W. Bush (and 177 other world leaders) agreed to it back in 1992, and in 1995, Bill Clinton signed Executive Order #12858, creating a Presidential Council on ‘Sustainable Development.’ This effectively pushed the UN plan into America’s large, churning government machine without the need for any review or discussion by Congress or the American people.
    Is the Soros-Sponsored ‘Agenda 21′ a Hidden Plan for World Government? (Yes, Only it Is Not Hidden) | Video | TheBlaze.com
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Local shops here r cleaned out! I got the last bulk bag of 556 I could find.. A shop here said he sold 53 ar-15s in 3 days! Now that's crazy! Also said that gun manufactures r turning down orders on Guns and they are already at their production limit for 2013 with the orders they already have.. Crazy stuff out their right now for the semi autos..

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have never run out of ammo or panic buy,I can cast bullets and reload for everything from 380 to 44 magnum,223 and 308,Ihave about 10 pounds of rifle powder and 40 pounds of pistol powder not to mention around 50,000 primers.I been reloading for about 8 years and I shoot around 300 rounds every week,even when nobody else could find ammo.But even unprepared reloaders that buy 1000 primers and a pound of powder at a time got caught because the primers were bought up and Powder that was very common was sold out
    The people that get caught in the panic buying are the people that can pretty much only afford a box of ammo a month and I feel for those guys,but people that have the cash reserves to stockpile either ammo or get into reloading but wait til the panic is on.
    There are also retailers that buy cases of ammo and then when people need it jack the prices up 100% thats a hell of a return on your money
    Well your feelin for me bud! I cant afford but maybe a box every 2 weeks or so. I decided to quit smoking and buying beer on the weekends to help train roll my bullet fund! Thinking about it if you smoke a name brand pack a day depending on where you live is around $5.00 average. Add like 2 six packs of beer for me and my wife is about $18. If I smoke 5 days out of a 7 day week its like 20 dollars obviously. 4 weeks is $80 plus the $72 per month IF I decide to drink on the weekends. Thats about 152 i'm saving every month that I could splurge on ammo costs. Why should I spend money on something that is killing me slowly when I can spend money on something that can save my life or my family's life right? I don't NEED cigarettes or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Well your feelin for me bud! I cant afford but maybe a box every 2 weeks or so. I decided to quit smoking and buying beer on the weekends to help train roll my bullet fund! Thinking about it if you smoke a name brand pack a day depending on where you live is around $5.00 average. Add like 2 six packs of beer for me and my wife is about $18. If I smoke 5 days out of a 7 day week its like 20 dollars obviously. 4 weeks is $80 plus the $72 per month IF I decide to drink on the weekends. Thats about 152 i'm saving every month that I could splurge on ammo costs. Why should I spend money on something that is killing me slowly when I can spend money on something that can save my life or my family's life right? I don't NEED cigarettes or alcohol.
    You sir are a smart man! I have never felt the need for a cigarette. Just like you said you are paying I slowly kill yourself as when the money could be spent elsewhere! I've seen to many people die from smoking an I will try to preach to every smoker that they r just wasting their money! I hope you continue to stop smoking and stay away from it! Congrats on making the first step though!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    You took the AT right out of ATF. :)

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I don't need to touch my defensive stash. My practice stuff may run out by 2016. If prices stay elevated, it'll make reloading more economical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links