I know why the shelves are bare.

This is a discussion on I know why the shelves are bare. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I went down to pick up a box of Winchester PDX1 for my .380, I saw all the shelves empty everywhere! As I listened ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I know why the shelves are bare.

I know why the shelves are bare.

As I went down to pick up a box of Winchester PDX1 for my .380, I saw all the shelves empty everywhere! As I listened to an old man complain about Obama, and then realized that it was also December 21, 2012; I understood why the shelves were empty. Panic and stupidity! They will never take our guns away or our ammunition so hoarding it is not necessary. On another note, people keep saying ammunition is going to skyrocket. Only because everyone has bought it all up. As it becomes scarce, the manufacturers cannot keep up with ther demand and will raise prices. Just buy what you need and let others buy what they need. Keep the cost down and for Pete's sake...SHARE!

2. Remove Ads

Yes saw that four years ago in Sunshine State. with .380.

I just had bought my new Kel Tec there where some stores chargeing a dollar a round

It was way over a year before you could find any at a sane price

Good point.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Yes saw that four yeras ago in Sunshine State. with .380.

I just had bought my new Kel Tec there where some stores chargeing a dollar a round

It was way over a year before you could find any at a sane price
    Its funny you said that. I bought a new LCP back then and couldn't even practice with it so I sold it. I at least have some Hornady Critical Defense. And I just got word of a LGS that got a shipment in of .380, but I am not telling anyome until i get a couple boxes ;-)

While I agree hoarding isn't necessary, this is why you should always have a few spare boxes of ammo on hand, for times like this.
    OD* likes this.

Yes a friend in Texas had bought an LCP and ran it the the same thing at that time.

The dealer I bought my Kel Teh at would allow you to buy one box of 50 . I think that was bout $40.00 back then . Just normal range stuff.

My friend in Texas said dealer sold it and told him sorry your on your own on ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    While I agree hoarding isn't necessary, this is why you should always have a few spare boxes of ammo on hand, for times like this.
    I agree. I just bought the gun yesterday. In the case of my other guns, I always have at least 200 rounds in reserve. I just saw the gun and had to get it...lol

I agree! This stuff is getting out of hand.stopped by my local gun store yesterday after I dropped my lady friend off at work, in the middle of a blizzard mind you, and there were 15 people in there trying to buy 10-15 boxes of ammo a piece. The owner said absolutely not and after everyone left I was just talking to him and he said it had been like that for the past 3-4 days. I think if everyone would just take a step back, wait a week, then go back to buying AS USUAL there would be no ammo shortages. Guys it's 3 days before Christmas, there is so much crap being sent through the mail, UPS, and fed ex it's no wonder why people are having a hard time getting anything shipped, and once it arrived the first 3 guys there buy it all, how is that contributing to the greater good? It's just causing more sane people to panic

I always have 300-400 rounds in my SHTF box but I bought all but 1 box of that 2 months ago

Hoarding? Is that like planning ahead and having ammo so you don't have to pay out the nose when you need/want to go shooting?

Or are you talking about the people buying out of fear that are clearing off the shelves in the past week or two? Because that isn't hoarding - that's just being foolish.

Austin
    rammerjammer likes this.

Why are shelves empty? The antis are on the warpath.

San Francisco moves to ban hollow-point bullets

San Francisco moves to ban hollow-point bullets - San Jose Mercury News

Chicago is planning to increase the tax on ammunition by 10,000% or 5 cents per round.

In case you don't recognize this it is the Obamacare tax for not buying insurance coverage on steroids.

Wait... you don't think there is going to be an AWB?? There has already been one before, and this administration, Holder, Fienstein, and others want an AWB. Not to mention that the media is pushing for it.

If I remember correctly, a very similar incident led to the gun ban in England...

So if 30 round magazines and semi-auto rifles are possibly about to be banned, why wouldn't people be panicking and buying them while they can??
    multistage and JDE101 like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Buying ammo is like voting in Chicago, buy a lot and buy often.
    GunGeezer, jblitz, JDE101 and 6 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just ordered 1,000 124gr 9mm and 250 .38spl BULLETS. Got plenty of primers, and powder, but ran out of bullets. See, it helps to make your own!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

We lucked out and placed an online for more 9mm and .45ACP right before the current frenzy started. We were at our indoor range this morning and they were cleaned out of every Glock mag with more than a 10 round capacity. Most of the guns had sold signs on them; buyers unable to take them home because the volume of background checks means waiting days, not hours, right now.

I hit "sales" when they came along since about last Feb... in anticipation things might get stupid. No problem here.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links