PPU Ammo?

This is a discussion on PPU Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone heard of this ammo? Went to Wally world looking for 9mm ammo and its all they had and its not cheap either. Just ...

Thread: PPU Ammo?

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar

PPU Ammo?

Has anyone heard of this ammo? Went to Wally world looking for 9mm ammo and its all they had and its not cheap either. Just curiouse, thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, I have only used it in rifles, but it's good stuff. I saw it at a local Walmart too for the first time recently.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Thanks, I may have to take a closer look at it.

You may be able to find more references/info by looking up Prvi Partizan (or something like that). It is imported, not bad stuff at all, but nothing special either. It's usually cheaper than domestic stuff.

You can find lots for sale on aimsurplus.com or wideners.com to compare prices.

Austin

Cheap and reliable at least in my M&P 40c, never had a problem with this brand of ammunition. I dont think you can go wrong with it.

Prvi Partizan is sold as Monarch in Academy Sports stores. Very cost effective and the 30-30 works well in my Marlin 336W. I haven't tried the 9mm yet, but may do so in the next few weeks.

Only complaint is powder residue, but it is cheap and plentiful.

I shot 50 rounds of Monarch 115gr FMJ today through my Taurus PT809. Not a single problem.

I wanted to use the 124gr, but I could only find the 115gr. Actually, all the 9mm was sold out, except for three boxes of Monarch 115gr I found on a top shelf.

Residue and smell were not that bad. Overall, I am pleased with the Prvi Partizan in 9mm.

Last weekend at WW, PPU 115 ball was all they had in 9mm. It was reasonable, about $15 for a brick of 50. Shot 3 mags thru my G19 gen 4 with no probs. Never had heard of it before, but it ran pretty clean. I bought two boxes, wish I'd bought all 4 that they had, as 9mm is getting difficult to find here in NW Mississippi.
    "I can show you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite." Dale Gribble

I posted this same question on another forum, and got similar responses. Fine ammo, yadda yadda. I had ONE guy told me about a pretty violent explosion in his firearm, but that's the only negative comment I've seen. I want to say it was a 9mm or a .40. I shot a 50 through my M&P and it did fine. I didn't notice it being any more or less dirty than anything else. It was cheap enough, but no cheaper than WInchester white box. My wife picked it up because it was JHP. Fine for the range, but I'll stick to something reputatable for carry purposes.

Shot a box of 50 in 9mm with my Smith & Wesson M&P9c, no issues. Dirty, a bit expensive ($15), but worked well for me.

VIP Member
    Have a bunch for the wheel guns. Shoots fine, a bit dirty but not as dirty as Blazer.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Monarch is good for the price. Seems like they offer both brass and steel casings; I usually shoot that or Tulammo at the range at it runs through my glock 30 just fine.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm glad you posted this on the forum, its all that my local Wal-Mart has in 9mm. Its almost $15 for a box of 50 and I didn't buy any because I didn't know anything about it. I'm avoiding steel casing so I'll have to check just to make sure. So long as I can still get some Federal, I think I'll stick with that for the moment. Last I checked, you can still get some from Palmetto State (I hope its still available).

I will be the dissenting vote here. At least in 357 Sig. It is crap, 1 in 5 fail to fire, primers are crimped in, not even worth reloading.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Links