Ammo MIA...

Ammo MIA...

This is a discussion on Ammo MIA... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know, I bought 9 mm and .22 guns so that I would never have difficulty getting ammunition… What kind of ammunition is everyone sold ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo MIA...

Ammo MIA...

You know, I bought 9 mm and .22 guns so that I would never have difficulty getting ammunition…

What kind of ammunition is everyone sold out of? 9 mm and .22!

When will inventories return to normal levels?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    MY LGS had plenty of 9mm and .22s. .223/5.56 not so much. Ammo cans full of AK fodder. Plenty of pistols/revolvers but only a couple of ARs. They will return to normal when the buyers do.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    You know, I bought 9 mm and .22 guns so that I would never have difficulty getting ammunition…

Its hit or miss around my area. In the past few weeks, I have been able to pick up around 600 rounds of 9mm, but I have had to go to three different spots to do that. I have also paid anywhere from 12.00/box to as high as 19.00/box, all ball ammo too! Crazy.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post

Its hit or miss around my area. In the past few weeks, I have been able to pick up around 600 rounds of 9mm, but I have had to go to three different spots to do that. I have also paid anywhere from 12.00/box to as high as 19.00/box, all ball ammo too! Crazy.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I can't find any .223 / 5.56 anywhere around Fort Bragg. Been to 5 or so stores and nothing. Not much in the way of center fire pistol right now either. I did get 6 boxes of some Winchester Bonded 180 grain. These are the white box PDX 1, FBI overrun ammo for $15 a box. I had some previous experience with this ammo and it went very well.

Depends on where you shop. Cabela's is well-stocked with all but 5.56, and Sportsman's Warehouse has empty shelves. I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague so I have no idea what the local availability is in those stores.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

A few days ago I went to our Academy store and they were out of almost all center fire pistol ammo, out of .223/5.56, out of SKS/AK 7.62 x 39, and what surprised me the most, there was no 22 LR of any sort. Shotgun ammo was about it. I'll sure be glad when this shortage is over,..if it ever is.
    I've quit going to the range for practice to conserve my ammo and I'm assuming others have too.
    I guess reloading has a lot of advantages, especially now.

Re: Ammo MIA...

There is nothing here in south central Mo. Hope things will get back to normal soon but very well could be this way for sometime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I went to Walmart the other day and the only shotgun shells they had was some birdshot, and everything else was gone except for a couple of boxes of .40 cal hollow points. I wanted some 00 buck and .22 LR, but the shelves looked like Old Mother Hubbard's cubboard.

Local WallyWorld shelves bare of 9mm and .22. Yesterday I snatched up the only box of 9mm, WWB ball, and last box of .22 L.R. There's still .40, .45, 357 etc. and shotgun shells. That's the only place I can get pistol rounds without driving 30 miles. I'm pretty well stocked up, tho. Saw it coming.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Can't find 9mm around here either.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

My area of VA is dry as well. During business travel, I stopped at Gander Mtn in Knoxville (i think?) just to see. Bare ass empty shelves on the handgun ammo side except for a few oddballs calibers and some 10mm. I did find 2 boxes of 9mm Speer GD 124gr +P HP for a decent price. That's what I carry, so it never hurts to get some extra when I can.

Couple of nights ago, Target USA did have some of the Federal AM Eagle FMJ rounds that I use in matches. Quanities were limited but I did get 2 boxes of 125 gr and 6 boxes of 147. Decent price but they are way behind on shipping, so looking at 3-4 weeks.

Be glad when the panic buying slows down. It's hitting all of pretty hard right now.

Tim
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

BTW If any one is in that area of Knoxville, one lady told me they are waiting on 2 loads of ammo where the trucks were delayed by weather. Said it should arrive Thursday (13th?) but it will fly as soon as they put it out.

Anybody been to a recent Gun Show since Christmas? How are they looking? I know Georgia Arms backed out of the Chantilly show in VA due to shortages.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Went to Wally-World a couple weeks ago. Managed to get one box of 9mm (the last one). It looked like locusts had descended upon the place. 6.8 spc is pretty much impossible to get locally, so I went to Midway and of about 30 different types of 6.8 every single one was on back order. The Remington FMJ wasn't expected till May...*sigh*
    "Hell is truth seen too late."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I was thinking about this earlier today. There have been many threads here talking about the ammo to stock up for SHTF scenarios and most of us usually say that 9mm is so popular that there will always be some of it around. Well that doesn't appear to be the case now. Looks like you better have some revolvers around for the tough times b/c that ammo may be around when the semi-auto stuff is all but a dream.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links