.25 auto - Page 3

.25 auto

This is a discussion on .25 auto within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...without dissing the .25, since it's already been done here in a magnificent manner...I'd implore you to switch to a mousegun that fires reliably the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: .25 auto

...without dissing the .25, since it's already been done here in a magnificent manner...I'd implore you to switch to a mousegun that fires reliably the .22LR...and will feed Stingers or Yellow Jackets...they will bounce around more inside, creating more blood loss, and causing shock and loss of consciousness faster than most .25 hits...I've seen more men who've been killed with the .22 short out of an RG10 2" barrelled revolver than I have any other caliber/gun...they sold for about $8 for many years...the doctors couldn't sew up all the holes inside before the recipient bled out...

...I do have to respectfully suggest that you don't depend on a .25 unless that's ALL you can find...I wouldn't equip anyone I cared about with that caliber except as a last resort...the stopping power is pathetic...oops, there I go...
    OldCavTrooper likes this.

I had a .25 Jennings once.....once. Would not feed hollow point ammo. Straight hardball roundnose.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Ballistics aside (close enough to call it even in my mind), wouldn't the 25acp be more reliable than a rimfire round?

I'm somewhat new to this.

Yes, the .25 ACP is said to feed more reliably. The .22 Long Rifle is a bit over-long and has that pesky rim that can contribute to misfeeds. The .25 ACP ACP cartridge was created for the purpose of dependable function through the small blow-back pistols in which it is found chambered.
    Cuda66 likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    nothing

Have you personally shot someone/something with a .25 to have made that claim? I love when people just make answers as they go along.
    One more step and it's on!

I have made it a priority to carry my 25 auto jennings so she won't be lonely. Shes's stoked with hornady xtp ammo until I get some duckets and buy a couple hundred rounds of speer gold dot.

...is that Jennings your issue weapon or a personally owned one...I mean, budgets are tight everywhere, but..................

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...is that Jennings your issue weapon or a personally owned one...I mean, budgets are tight everywhere, but..................
    Personally owned of course. I saw it in the store and it looked so cute.

.25 FMJ gets around 15" penetration in those little guns, you need all you can get. I wouldn't waste my money on any hollow points.

.25ACP Blazer 50gr FMJ

.25ACP Winchester 50gr FMJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links