.25 auto

.25 auto

This is a discussion on .25 auto within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; whats the best .25 ammo for concealed carry?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: .25 auto

.25 auto

whats the best .25 ammo for concealed carry?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Anything 9mm or larger. Seriously, there's not much in the way of "best" for .25 ACP.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I do have a hi point c9 i carry to but it gets to unconfortable and its kinda on the heavy side, especially if im carring 19 rounds with it. What is a good concealed 9mm but cheap to im not into fancy carry weapons that you might use in self defense once in your life. Well in the part of Arkansas i live in anyways.

Re: .25 auto

Taurus slim 9

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

As Jeff Cooper said once. If you must carry a .25 carry it empty. If you carry it loaded you may be tempted to shoot it, and if you shoot it, you MIGHT hit someone, and if you hit someone you will make them very angry and they will hurt you worse than if you didn't shoot them. As for little guns I have a Ruger LCP in .380 ACP, but that is the absolute smallest I would recommend. A small 9mm is much better.
    grouse and Ksgunner like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt45 View Post
    As Jeff Cooper said once. If you must carry a .25 carry it empty. If you carry it loaded you may be tempted to shoot it, and if you shoot it, you MIGHT hit someone, and if you hit someone you will make them very angry and they will hurt you worse than if you didn't shoot them. As for little guns I have a Ruger LCP in .380 ACP, but that is the absolute smallest I would recommend. A small 9mm is much better.
    Funny, but inaccurate. The man who was perhaps the most prolific executioner of all time did his work with .25 Walthers:
    Worldohistory: Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin - Mass Murderer
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'd go along with the thoughts of others above......sell the .25 and get a nice .380 or 9mm for a small pocket gun.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

I carry a beretta 950 jetfire as a bug sometimes. I know from past experience that it can kill a dear or boar at point blank range head shot.

I carry it with ball ammunition.

nothing

I have some safety slugs, winchester expanding point, and Cor Bon. Never used the Hornady, but what Mike posted above is good info. BTW, I wouldn't want to get shot with a hi powered pellet gun, never mind a 22 and larger caliber.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

FMJ that away you will get decent for caliber penetration plus in that caliber over penetration is not to much a concern smallest i would recommend would be 32 not much difference but has a little more oomph and beretta tomcats can be had cheap enough

7.65mm browning with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window.

I'd use FMJ.

I would suggest trading the hipoint and the .25 for a "normal" gun. If you want a small 9mm I bet you could get one with a hundred or so of your own money along with those two guns.

Austin

VIP Member
    In all honesty you can pick up a Kel Tec P3AT (.380) or PF9 or P11 pretty cheap. If you do ever have to use the pistol in defense they'll be much more likely to perform well for you. If you must carry the 25 ACP pistol the Hornady listed above is your best bet. Empty the gun into the bad guy and be prepared to continue the fight with your hands or a knife.

Like a 22 rimfire, the 25 can easily kill someone. The problem is that you're less likely to get a hit that stops the situation quickly. Someone that dies of blood loss 5 minutes after you shoot him can still do a lot of damage before he shuts down.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Executing someone or a hog with a 25 or 22 is a different world than shooting in defense with one. 22 has been historically very popular for gang style executions which are practically always muzzle to the head contact shots.
    It isnt the bullet doing a lot more than punching a hole thru the brain which is survivable part of the time but instead the force of the muzzle blast gases that does the internal damage that leads to almost instant death in such shots. 25 same thing.
    I wouldnt equate shooting a hog point blank in the head and dropping it with a 25 to shooting a person in the chest or face with one from 3 feet away. That being said a 22lr semi auto rife can make life difficult for BG if thats all you have but itd be kinda hard to hide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links