WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders - Page 2

WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders

This is a discussion on WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; newest walmart response just about an hr ago https://mail.google.com/mail/#trash/13c3be3810d83b6c...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders

newest walmart response just about an hr ago https://mail.google.com/mail/#trash/13c3be3810d83b6c

It's a shame if it is true. WM only stands to harm themselves (I guess they can stand to lose a few customers ???) since gun-owners buy more than bullets there.

If they wanna act like , I say good riddance!
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

The only thing that I could ever find at my local Walmart was pistol ammo, much higher powered hunting rounds, and .22 lr. The only thing that sucks now is that I have to drive further to find ammo now as the two closest shops that sold ammo were Walmart and Dick's. Why can't I have a Cabelas or Bass Pro near me. When I visited my parents in early December (10 days or so before Sandy Hook) I stopped by their local bass pro on the way home and was able to buy a 200 Winchester combo back in .223. The combo pack came with a plastic dry storage ammo box. 160 rounds of 55gr fmj whitebox and 40 rounds of 60gr pdx1 defender rounds. That will probably be the only time in my life that I was able to buy something at the right time before a huge rush.

Found this today:
    Walmart responds to ‘suspended ammo’ story

The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.
    I am hopeful that they'll stand with us.
    ninjahippie likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

I tried to tell you guys in an earlier post this accusation about Walmart was BS .
    The Internet rumor mill at its finest.
    Ammo is still being sold at Walmart calm down everyone.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I was at Wal-Mart today and asked the lady at the counter about this rumor and she referred me to this email (from corporate) in regards to the matter. She posted it to the counter per all the questions she gets about it.

Ours has only 40 ammo left. No 9, no 45. Very vague on resupply times.

I talked to the folks in the sporting goods departments of 2 Wal-Marts yesterday, they both said the same thing, that they were still ordering and still getting shipments in, but that ammo supplies are outstripped by demand. They said every time they get a shipment in and stock the shelves they sell out within hours, sometimes minutes. Said they had sold more ammo in the last month than they usually do in several months and that the supply pipeline is just about empty for now. 22lr, 22mag, 45 and 9mm was just about impossible to get, one of the stores did have quite a bit of 40 cal and 38 spl. Rifle, except 223 ,and shotgun shells were in stock.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

The lady I talked to in the store that posted the email that I was talking about said that she had 250 rounds of 9mm today and sold it all in a few minutes. She said that 4 guys bought it, one after the other.

VIP Member
    My store just restocked. Shelves were empty a couple of days ago when I was there today they had everything except 45 ACP. Said one dude bought every round of 45 they got with their most recent resupply.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The one I was at today said they had limits on how much you could buy so that one person can't come in and get it all.

Walmart here,in this S.C town i'm in is dry.I saw 3 boxes of 40 cal pp ammo.That was about it.Maybe it will pick back up.An employee told me he didn't know,when they would get anymore.I hope they get some in at some point.I can't find any place any cheaper,so far as locally.

The "we can't get it" is different from they're not ordering it. I've got a friend that works in a Wal-Mart distribution center. He says orders for most thing, including ammo, is done by past sales and they only want enough in the pipeline to keep the shelves stocked. When they get a huge surge in buying like this it throws the whole thing out of whack. All the Wal-Marts around here have put a 6 box limit on ammo to help spread it around.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

I asked the sporting goods manager at our local store on Friday about this and she said that the stores used to be able to order directly. But due to massive demand corporate will place the orders and distribute to the stores.

One of the WalMarts in my area just got a boatload of Privi 9mm and .40 S&W in. I have plenty of 9mm NATO and was looking for .45ACP, so I didn't buy anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links