WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders

This is a discussion on WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My son works there and they get some in every day but not much!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WalMart Suspends New Ammo Orders

VIP Member
    My son works there and they get some in every day but not much!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyriver View Post
    I call BS on this comment of ammo sales being halted., I was at walmart 1-13-13 and they were stocking up and planned on more to come in, heres the photos.
    I wish I could share in your optimism. It may be a regional thing.... I can't post the photo, but PM me with your cell # or email address and I'll gladly forward the pic I took on 15 JAN. The sign at the Renton, Washington Walmart: "ALL HANDGUN AND .22, .223, 5.56, 7.62 HAS BEEN ALLOCATED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. HANKS (their typo, not mine) FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. 01/15/2013." I called five other stores (throughout King, Snohomish and Pierce counties) and all had the same sign. Walmart caved to Bloomberg in 2006 and stopped selling guns. That story was called BS by many, including Walmart's corporate mouthpiece. As it turned out, it was true. It was being kept quiet until management (local, district and up the chain) could pick over the inventory. That's how I got my #2 son's .300 Weatherby Magnum for $350. Eventually, Walmart woke up and started selling again and I suspect (hope) the same holds true in the ammo situation. Conversely, a friend in northeastern Ohio says his store is well stocked and has ammo in the back!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Individual stores can't order from the home office anymore. The home office will ship them what the home office and software thinks they should get. That's the only change. Friend of mine is an assistant store manager for a Walmart.

Once again, the media falsely reports the news.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links