Walmart Ammo Policies - Page 2

Walmart Ammo Policies

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Policies within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well this story has gone back and forth all over the internet. I am not in the states so I can only report what my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Walmart Ammo Policies

VIP Member
    Well this story has gone back and forth all over the internet.

I am not in the states so I can only report what my wife tells me when she hit the sporting goods section or what my LE buddies find.

When Lory went to Wal Mart the other day she did find a limited supply of ammo but there was no limits on anything and prices were "normal". A LE buddy was there when the truck came in and purchased 400 rounds of Tula 5.56 for $5.10 a box. Two Colt AR's were put out for $1210.00 along with a SIG 556 so apparently they are still selling the dreaded black rifles.

Due to the buying panic that went on ammo supplies simply dried up and manufactures are simply backlogged. I am not sure of the implications of ammo only ordered by corporate means so I have not gotten out my tinfoil hat quite yet. Could it be that whatever ammo is available will be purchased by corporate and distributed evenly throughout the stores instead of 10,000 rounds going to one store? Ammo availability and prices are coming down as supply catches up. Midway just had 500 round cases of 5.56 for $219 which is about normal.

So before you start boycotting Wally World or start wondering if there is a live feed to the CIA in the health and beauty aid section why not just chill for a bit and see what happens. If the stuff is there buy it if not find it somewhere else. I do agree to spread the wealth if there are 10 boxes there get 3, 5 or whatever let someone else be able to get some.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    I was at Wally World today and spoke with the dept mgr.

He told me ALL local Walmarts have been directed to NOT order ammo.
    Any allocated ammo will come from Walmart corporate.

Hmmm? So who is deciding who gets what when it becomes available?
    For crying out loud, this again? The fact is individual stores cannot place orders themselves, the stores will be replenished by the home office using the algorithm in their resupply software system. Period. I have a friend that is an assistant manager at Walmart and I've seen the internal document regarding this issue.
    tacman605 and airslot like this.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links