Walmart Ammo Policies

Walmart Ammo Policies

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Policies within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at Wally World today and spoke with the dept mgr. He told me ALL local Walmarts have been directed to NOT order ammo. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Walmart Ammo Policies

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Walmart Ammo Policies

I was at Wally World today and spoke with the dept mgr.

He told me ALL local Walmarts have been directed to NOT order ammo.
    Any allocated ammo will come from Walmart corporate.

Hmmm? So who is deciding who gets what when it becomes available?
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

The commies, it's always the commies.

All kidding aside that is a crazy thing to think about, why do they leave it up to people who are probably never in that store to decide when they get to sell ammo.

But seriously, it's probably the commies
    commendatori likes this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Walmart Ammo Policies

My mother in law is a co-manager at one, and they limit 3 boxes, per caliber, per person.

Walmart Ammo Policies

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    I was at Wally World today and spoke with the dept mgr.

He told me ALL local Walmarts have been directed to NOT order ammo.
    Any allocated ammo will come from Walmart corporate.

Hmmm? So who is deciding who gets what when it becomes available?
    CORRECT. Iv been trying to explain this on this forum. I am an Ap for store 2255, this is the fact. End of story. For example our store just got in a good amount of ammo and it's priced fair, we just don't know what is coming or when, but the stores still sell ammo, the company has not stopped selling it. Case closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many retailers operate this way. I used to work part time at a Galyan's store and all buying decisions were made by the corporate office, with the individual store not having any say, although corporate did take into account what was selling the most at each store. Of course I know this is different since ammo is selling out at just about every WM. This sounds almost like rationing. I don't know if it's because ammo is getting scarce and harder to find, even for big retailers like Walmart, or if they are trying to limit the amount of ammo they sell.

Much easier to track usage if it all comes from one order source! Big Brother met with Walmart recently!

I was at the wally world near me today.They didn't have much,but,they haven't stopped selling ammo.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Went to the local Walmart yesterday. The ammo cabinet was empty except for a few boxes of .45 colt and shotgun shells. I got down on the floor and way in the back I saw two boxes, so I asked the salesman to show me what they were. He acted surprised that they were there. It turned out they were value packs of .38 special. 2 boxes of 100 rnds. each. I've given them a better home.

GunGeezer, that was really kind of you to give that ammo a better home! Congrats on being such a good samaritan.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

That was a good find GunGeezer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    Much easier to track usage if it all comes from one order source! Big Brother met with Walmart recently!
    The same thing happen in 08/09, corporate took over ordering.
    aus71383 likes this.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

I will no longer support Walmart or Samsclub stores. This is totally ridiculous. Personally I would rather shop at Target, I think they have better sales and products, and I also don't need to goto a store like that for ammunition. I'd rather buy through local smaller stores and support some small business. Even when I'm getting tools or powertools I goto the local Ace Hardware store which SELLS AMMO!!! and give them my business because they're just a franchise owned by a really nice couple. The employees know me by name and the atmosphere is like an old store with the antique hardwood floors and what not. The COMMIE-mart policy does NOT surprise me at all.

How do we interpret this? Walmart responds to ?suspended ammo? story
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    Because, according to the Wal-Mart manager member who posted above, they haven't stopped selling ammunition. They are directed to sell the ammunition that is sent to their stores by corporate instead of placing orders themselves on an individual store basis.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Because, according to the Wal-Mart manager member who posted above, they haven't stopped selling ammunition. They are directed to sell the ammunition that is sent to their stores by corporate instead of placing orders themselves on an individual store basis.
    Our walmart, just put up a sign yesterday. 3 boxes of ammo per person per day.
    Some of our customers, like to come in and buy everything in the ammo case. these are the people you should get angry about.
    It's not walmarts fault the shelves are bare. It's thoughs that think they are the only one's that should get it. (ALL OF IT)
    And I do think 3 boxes is fair, so your brothers have some also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links