Ammo shortage explained?

This is a discussion on Ammo shortage explained? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ammo the the LGS's around here is pretty low, but the big box stores seem to still be okay. The Dunhams/GanderMtn's seem to be okay. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ammo shortage explained?

Ammo the the LGS's around here is pretty low, but the big box stores seem to still be okay. The Dunhams/GanderMtn's seem to be okay. The WalMart and smaller guns stores seem very very bare. Have seen on the local Guns For Sale sites the $2 box of .22 for $10+... just crazy.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

2. Remove Ads

Aw man, I better hurry up and go to the store and stock up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is going to be a tin foil shortage around here pretty soon...........

Quote Originally Posted by jellison1980 View Post
    DFW everywhere is short or out....panic buying hitting hard even though we already have legislation in process to void any new federal regs. It will settle down in time as the manufacturers begin to catch up

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk ... Possibly from the crapper
    The only place you will find ammo in the DFW area is in people's homes.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    I agree whole heatedly with you brother, but we are talking about..well, I, am talking about manufacturers not foreseeing this. Heck, and store owners. Unless your buried in politics, you wouldn't notice. I was going country to country around when Osama and Biden won...and no it's not a typo. He's a domestic terrorist in my mind. I had no idea how radical he was while I was off playing Rambo for Uncle Sam. As far as I knew, all was just fine here at home
    I gotcha! I think the manufacturers were caught somewhat flat-footed. However, I also believe some of the hype can be traced directly to manufacturers and the reps. Create a spark, toss a little fuel and stand back - instant crisis and ensuing panic. No need to clarify the "typo." I didn't take it as such! :) Stay safe Daddydon and THANK YOU for racking up the mileage on our behalf! I've got one boy on a ship off someone's $hithole coast and another headed to the cave region in a few weeks.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Tinfoil hat? I gots mine.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post

Attachment 67175
    Yep....and then no more pyramid hats for all the conspiracy nuts to wear to meetings..........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member
    Well, the tin foil shortage won't bother me. But the shortage of sheep food might inconvenience some of us.
    GetSmith likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Well, the tin foil shortage won't bother me. But the shortage of sheep food might inconvenience some of us.
    Yes indeed, I have ton of food to back up my ton of ammo. If it gets bad enough I'm not against eating sheep either.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    It ain't sheep food folks are short of....reality or grasp to thereof seems to be in short supply.

How 'bout them Black helicopers too?

http://zapatopi.net/blackhelicopters/
    m0unds and BurgerBoy like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    The only place you will find ammo in the DFW area is in people's homes.
    The same situation here in Oklahoma City. I went by the local Academy store here Saturday and the ammo shelves were mostly empty. The Academys here have recently put paper signs on all the ammo shelves. The signs note that they are limiting ammo purchases to one box per caliber/ per customer with a three box overall total. (for three different calibers). The rationing covered most rifle and auto handgun ammo including 22 LR. I didn't have to worry about the rationing because there wasn't anything there to buy.

Ammo shortage explained?

Yeah, my nephew only has a .357 Sig and a 10/22 but he is buying ammo for Calibers he doesn't even own.
    It's just in case of a SHTF scenario and he runs into people who need certain calibers.
    He figures it will benefit him in the long run. If he hooks up with people who need .38 cal or .45 cal, he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post

Attachment 67175
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I was in Academy this weekend; ammo back on the shelves.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Yep look like things are getting back to normal whatever that is.

Walmart has ammo back which they are limiting somewhat to keep folks from buying everything they see. A couple of AR's hit the shelf for normal prices, and items listed on Gunbroker are simply sitting unless the prices are near normal.

Now all we have to do it keep it that way
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

When the clowns run out of money and some are spending money they don't even have. Just saw the other day some clown trying to sell ammo that he had already purchased and then got upset because no one wanted to buy it from him. Some pplz can be duped to believe anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links