Ammo shortage explained? - Page 3

Ammo shortage explained?

This is a discussion on Ammo shortage explained? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all, im new to this forum. ammo is definate hard or impossible to get my primary carry firearm is a CZ82 in 9mm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ammo shortage explained?

Hello to all, im new to this forum. ammo is definate hard or impossible to get my primary carry firearm is a CZ82 in 9mm mak or optionaly a M57 tok (7.62 x 25). both are nearly impossible to get, and only last year i could get 1200 7.62 x 25 for about 100 dollars. the tok ammo is all surplus for the most part and trillions of suplus rouns exsist from east europe, china korea and russia. its not just supply and demand. the supply is there and the demand is there. nice to meet you all and look foreward to reading your posts
    P.S. please excuse my typing as im almost blind and typing something this long is a real effort...LOL LOL

Sportsmans Guide cancelled my order of 500 rounds of .40 S&W! I ordered it on December 27 and they backordered it to June. Now it's just cancelled.

The only bulk .40 you can buy an get by March is re-manufactured ammo at new ammo prices...

My 600 rounds of 7.62 x 39 is backordered to June as well.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

In my neck of the woods, if the weather forecast even hints of snow, the grocery stores are quickly emptied of milk, eggs, and bread. Perhaps, it's the same where you live. If you don't have snow, think tropical depression and look for the same items plus plywood to board up windows. People just go crazy.

I saw the same ammo shortage the first time Obama was elected. People panicked and cleaned the shelves. I've not really had a problem this time around. I've still got ammo from 2008.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Meh, go check the sites. Many online retailers are stocking back up for the next wave of panic buying. I just visited 3 sites chalked full of .45

Well what's going on is some people are greedy. I was at big box store and clerk told me that people get a shopping cart and load up. So now the manager has put up a sign only two boxes of each caliber per person. It slows it down some so others can buy. It still gets sold out but at least it takes a bit longer. He stated he sold over 30 thousand 22lr in a few days. Somebody's getting it.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Well what's going on is some people are greedy. I was at big box store and clerk told me that people get a shopping cart and load up. So now the manager has put up a sign only two boxes of each caliber per person. It slows it down some so others can buy. It still gets sold out but at least it takes a bit longer. He stated he sold over 30 thousand 22lr in a few days. Somebody's getting it.
    What happens is that Joe at "Joe's Pawn Shop and Gun Emporium" lies in wait for the morning delivery. He buys it all, takes it to his shop and marks it up by 100%. Retailers like Walmart have decided to cut Joe off at the knees and give some other folks an opportunity to buy ammo at a reasonable price.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

When the ammo shortage during the 2008 election hit I decided to roll my own. Reloading is one of the best additions to my small armory. I have 3k brass, JHP/FMJ, primers, and enough powder to reenact the civil for each of my 3 pistols and
    AR. I can make 40 s&w JHP reloads for 21 cents a round compared.to the 89 cents that Speer wants for theirs. 68 cents may seem small but when you multiply it by 1k rounds it's enough to buy a new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    There is going to be a tin foil shortage around here pretty soon...........

Attachment 67175
    So DHS and the military has not been buying large numbers of 5.6 and 9mm. And I suppose DHS is not buying more AR's either.
    They just buy tn foil . Not 7000 more AR's
    If ?Assault Weapons? Are Bad?Why Does DHS Want to Buy 7,000 of Them for ?Personal Defense?? | TheBlaze.com

The high cost of ammo???? The funniest reply was they raise the price to cut down on people hording.....SPOKEN LIKE A TRU CEO....

As has been shown in other threads the numbers quoted by Alex Jones are meaningless. His people are either deliberately lying or they can't/wont read the purchase solicitations from the government. And it seems they are hoping no one else bothers to read them either.

These purchase contracts that they claim are for (for example) 450,000 rounds are only options. If you read the actual document you will see that the actual purchase may only be for 10,000 rounds. What they are doing is locking in a price for a period of time. If spot market ammo prices go up the contractor is obligated to provide up to a total of 450k rounds at that price. If the price goes down, uncle is only obligate to buy 10k.
    If you actually read their recently cited 21.6 million round purchase you will see it is actually only for 240k rounds. What Jones' people did was take 100k rounds, multiply that times 100 (number of thousand round purchase price units) and turn them into ten million rounds.
    Hopyard and Sebass like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    As has been shown in other threads the numbers quoted by Alex Jones are meaningless. His people are either deliberately lying or they can't/wont read the purchase solicitations from the government. And it seems they are hoping no one else bothers to read them either.

These purchase contracts that they claim are for (for example) 450,000 rounds are only options. If you read the actual document you will see that the actual purchase may only be for 10,000 rounds. What they are doing is locking in a price for a period of time. If spot market ammo prices go up the contractor is obligated to provide up to a total of 450k rounds at that price. If the price goes down, uncle is only obligate to buy 10k.
    If you actually read their recently cited 21.6 million round purchase you will see it is actually only for 240k rounds. What Jones' people did was take 100k rounds, multiply that times 100 (number of thousand round purchase price units) and turn them into ten million rounds.
    That is pretty much how home heating oil is sold in the NE. You contract for a company to keep you
    supplied for the winter at a certain price. If the spot price rises the contractor loses. If it goes down,
    he gains and the home owner pays extra.
    Nothing to see here-- if MCP's explanation is spot on, and he almost always is.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

exact same scenario at Academy in Baton Rouge (re. post #25)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links