Check ammo

This is a discussion on Check ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlkx4 The OP's claim is used a few different times to state that Hornady has QC issues? ...That doesnt qualify as QC ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check ammo

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    The OP's claim is used a few different times to state that Hornady has QC issues? ...That doesnt qualify as QC issues. Everyone lets a few bad apples go by every now and then... And posting four times in a row without adding anything of substance?...
    That IS a QC issue. By definition.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

2. Remove Ads

I imagine if you contact Hornady directly they will make it right by you. I've heard nothing but glowing compliments about their customer service and commitment to the industry.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yea stay away from Hornady, plain and simple.... The quality control from them sucks....
    Across the span of ~8yrs or so, I've probably purchased 100+ boxes of Hornady mfd rounds in both rifle and pistol flavors. None had general quality problems, nor did any have cleaning media or other stuff stuck in the box as evidence of lax controls.

While I haven't checked boxes in the store, from any manufacturer, I've checked each box as I've opened it and started preparing my magazines. A few shotgun rounds here and there from Sellier & Bellot had some variation in construction, and a couple of Federal defensive rounds had case lips that weren't tightly sealed against the bullets. But other than these, and the rare individual round here and there that didn't feed due to apparent age-related crud on the outside of the case impeding feeding, I can't recall any overall quality issues with any of the basic brands I've consistently used. About the only "perfect" rounds I have used have come from DoubleTap, for both 9mm defensive ammo an .243 rifle ammo.

YMMV.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links