Check ammo

This is a discussion on Check ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Probably nothing new to you guys but for those who do not check your ammo before a purchase "if store or situation permits, do it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check ammo

Check ammo

Probably nothing new to you guys but for those who do not check your ammo before a purchase "if store or situation permits, do it. Got some hornady TAP and not only did it have what I suspect to be cleaning media, but also some of the projectiles were not properly grooved out in the hollow point cavity...some were more shallow and others were very deep.

Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome

2. Remove Ads

Re: Check ammo

Yea stay away from Hornady, plain and simple.... The quality control from them sucks....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't get it though, I keep checking and rechecking these holes as if my eyes are lying but these cavities vary in size to a ridiculous degree

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yea stay away from Hornady, plain and simple.... The quality control from them sucks....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Really? I've never received a less than perfect product from Hornady. What do you have to back up such a claim?
    Last edited by mlkx4; January 24th, 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome
    Speer Gold Dots
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

I wish I could get pics. I trust in hornady. I have used them and will continue to use them. That's why I'm shocked. I always check every round before I buy, but I didn't this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    Really? I've never received a less than perfect product from Hornady. What do you have to back up such a claim?
    Probably nothing new to you guys but for those who do not check your ammo before a purchase "if store or situation permits, do it. Got some hornady TAP and not only did it have what I suspect to be cleaning media, but also some of the projectiles were not properly grooved out in the hollow point cavity...some were more shallow and others were very deep.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Speer Gold Dots
    I get that gold dots are people's go to round but I test rounds and gold dots have failed the bone test three out of five times

But I do use those too

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Your saying?

I usually get hornady because even through bone and obstacles, they expand and it's hard to get the jacket to seperate

Oh boy, now I'm going to have to go look at my stock. What about the polymer tip Hornady, are there any concerns about that?
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

The OP's claim is used a few different times to state that Hornady has QC issues? That doesnt qualify as QC issues. Everyone lets a few bad apples go by every now and then. And posting four times in a row without adding anything of substance?...

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Oh boy, now I'm going to have to go look at my stock. What about the polymer tip Hornady, are there any concerns about that?
    Oh, I doubt that brother, I just got a bad batch, it happens. This is open hollow point TAP. There black box. Good stuff, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your rounds anyways. For instance, I got some surplus ammo for the ak and three of the five thousand rounds had cracked casings. I don't know how, but they were....disposed of

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    The OP's claim is used a few different times to state that Hornady has QC issues? That doesnt qualify as QC issues. Everyone lets a few bad apples go by every now and then. And posting four times in a row without adding anything of substance?...
    Sorry but I'm new at this thing and I was replying to a few different things with all those

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links