9mm ammo out everwhere? - Page 2

9mm ammo out everwhere?

This is a discussion on 9mm ammo out everwhere? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Louisville, KY is very spotty especially with .380. The wife and I just got .380's and now we can't find it any! One store won't ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9mm ammo out everwhere?

Louisville, KY is very spotty especially with .380. The wife and I just got .380's and now we can't find it any! One store won't even sell ya ammo unless you have purchased a new gun that day!

I don't know about local but i have been keeping an eye online, especially Luckygunner.com. I just happened to put in an order the morning of Sandy Hook shooting and what i ordered in 9mm, (124g FMJ Lawman) i got for .25 a round. I noticed they finally got some of what i ordered back in stock yesterday and it had jumped to .43 a round. they had 11,000 rounds and it was gone in a couple hours. so at least online, it is selling as fast as they can list it. Im glad i got my order in when i did!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

I found a little bit today at Cabela's in Hammond, Indiana while on my way back from a trip. The pickings were very slim indeed.

Just scored at Walmart for the second week in a row. Tonight I swung by the ammo counter while grocery shopping, and they had 21 boxes of Federal 9mm and 4 boxes of Federal 22 lr (325 count) target grade. They also had some 38 special and some various larger hunting rounds. All 12 gauge was gone, no 40 or 45. They are limiting sales to 3 boxes per customer. I picked up one of the boxes of 22s and 2 of the 9s. Last Thursday just as I showed up they were restocking so I scored on some Winchester 9 mm white box and Federal 22 lr 550 rd bulk pack. I came back early Friday and got another 3. My 9 mm count is up to around 1700 rds and about 2500 for 22's which gives me some breathing room. There is definately some luck involved with the timing. The previous 5 weeks when I went by the shelves were pretty barren. The price per box has gone up a little. The 50 rd federals were $13.97, and last week the 100 rd white box was $24, and bulk 550 rd 22 lr pack was around $25.

This happened 4 years ago and is happening now again. I also remember the issues from the Clinton ERA. I stocked up payday weekly in early 2008 and again in 2012. I have lots of stuff on my shelves. This is why you need to be alert and surfing the WEB on sites like this to get info you need to have what is needed and when to get it. Next time to stock up will be early 2016 before Billiary runs for President. Take XX amount that will buy a pound of powder, 1K of Primers, 50 rounds of "Social Ammo" and go get it on payday. Small purchases add up over 6-8 months. Right now everything out there says in RED Letters Sold Out!
    Good Luck with getting things you need.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

VIP Member
    22Lr gone every where! Lots of game loads for 12 gauge. Lots of over priced 5.56.

I went to all the stores. The last store I went to was Gander Mt. They had 5 boxes of 525 rnds 22Lr the guy in front of me bought all 5 boxes. I could not believe it. The clerk said the shipment comes in once a week and the same guy came in last week same time and got all 5.

Thanks for hording jackwagon!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Was at three LGS today around here plenty of 223 no 9mm. Decent supply of about anything else. Course around here there wasnt a run on the ARs so much as high cap handguns.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Zero here. I've got quite a bit though. Not enough to go to the range.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    A Sad Supply here in South Central Kansas....

Has anyone checked on the BB gun & BB supply situation?

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I recently picked up 200 rounds of 147-gr. Federal HST. I was tickled pink... I'd gotten a Beretta 92A1 back in December, but hadn't been able to find enough carry ammo (My choice is either the aforementioned HST, preferably, or 147-gr. Winchester Ranger Bonded as second choice) to both test a full magazine through each mag I got for it and also fill the mags for carry. Needed over 100 rounds for that and only had 50. If I can scrape up the cash, I'll see if I can get more before everyone else discovers where I bought it.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Only thing I can find is .38 sp
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Yeah, it trickles in places. I don't even bother to check at the range, or in stores any more just check the online sites and order some when it's in stock. When it does show up, it goes fast, but then again, I'm not contributing to the panic and buying 50,000 rounds at a time when it's in stock. I've been shooting less, no doubt, but not too much less. Everyone should calm down soon once everyone stops freaking out and buying everything they see.

I bought 350 rounds of 9mm at CheaperThanDirt.com on Monday, it was delivered by UPS Ground on Tuesday...but I'm only about 2 hours from them. The point being, they processed the order immediately. It was Armscor 124 grain FMJ. My Ruger LC9 will shoot anything and it seemed quite accurate. The problem is it was $18 Monday, and the same ammo is $25.59 today.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    22Lr gone every where! Lots of game loads for 12 gauge. Lots of over priced 5.56.

I went to all the stores. The last store I went to was Gander Mt. They had 5 boxes of 525 rnds 22Lr the guy in front of me bought all 5 boxes. I could not believe it. The clerk said the shipment comes in once a week and the same guy came in last week same time and got all 5.

Thanks for hording jackwagon!
    Our Gander Mt limits people so they don't have something like that happening.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

9mm ammo out everwhere?

Just pick some up at Hoffman's in Newington CT. They had a full pallet on the floor. Limit was 5 boxes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links