9mm ammo out everwhere? - Page 3

9mm ammo out everwhere?

This is a discussion on 9mm ammo out everwhere? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My son works at wally world, he unloads the trucks. He told me they used to get ammo in every day. They are out and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9mm ammo out everwhere?

VIP Member
    My son works at wally world, he unloads the trucks. He told me they used to get ammo in every day. They are out and he hasn't seen any for over a week.

I think things will get back to a regular in a few months but for now I am not shooting as much and I am not panic purchasing.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I was at a Gander Mountain an hour ago and the didnt gave a single 9mm cartridge. I don't mean that they were out of target loads. I mean not a single SD, no junk, nothing. Literally...not a bullet. Never seen that happen.

It's crazier by the day.

Seriously, I have the worst timing ever. I'm finally in the position to obtain my first firearm and both ammo and guns are nowhere to be found!

I think I'll just keep going to the range and rent different pistols, so I can narrow down what I want. Hopefully, after this stupid ban is shot down prices will drop and ammo will be less scarce. How long do you veteran gun owners think that will take to happen? A year?

Sgammo.com has some as of tonight

GeorgiaCarry
    Last edited by GeorgiaCarry; February 3rd, 2013 at 09:41 AM.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was pleasantly surprised at how much 9mm ammo I have been saving up since last year. I counted 800 rounds of fmj practice ammo (WWB, Federal American Eagle, Rem UMC), 100 rounds of the 50 rounds winchester hollow point ammo, and 2 boxes of 147 grain speer gold dots. I would usually only store about 100 rounds or so. I guess I'll have to see how much I can stretch the 800 rounds of ammo.

Can anyone recommend a reloading (mail order?) business that takes customer brass as trade in? A local shop here has retired and sold their automated equipment. (Master Cast) Thanks!
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

What about hollow points? I haven't seen any in stock anywhere (stores or online) for weeks!

...don't know where you are but I know where some 9mm is in Midlothian...price is too high to suit me but there IS some...at least there was yesterday...PM me if you need to know where...also, anyone else near there can PM me...they also have .380 and .40...I don't see ammo going down anytime soon...we have a LOT more gun owners out there now...
    Quote Originally Posted by D1omedes View Post
    Seriously, I have the worst timing ever. I'm finally in the position to obtain my first firearm and both ammo and guns are nowhere to be found!

I think I'll just keep going to the range and rent different pistols, so I can narrow down what I want. Hopefully, after this stupid ban is shot down prices will drop and ammo will be less scarce. How long do you veteran gun owners think that will take to happen? A year?

Blog post on the gun/ammo shortage:
    Doug Ross @ Journal: UPDATE: Status of Gun Industry

I was at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates, Illinois yesterday and they had quite a bit of 9mm. However, the price of Sellior Bellot, which last year I bought there for $10 per box was selling for $16. Oh well, at least it was there.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

VIP Member

9mm ammo out everwhere?

Went to Gun World today they had good supply of everything at premium prices except no 22lr at all and 12 ga all over the store on sale
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Went to Gun World today they had good supply of everything at premium prices except no 22lr at all and 12 ga all over the store on sale
    in germantown? did the have both 9mm FMJ and HPs? I assume they were still totally out of .223 and 5.56?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    in germantown? did the have both 9mm FMJ and HPs? I assume they were still totally out of .223 and 5.56?
    They had both 9MM FMJ and HPs not much but they had it. they had some 5.56 again not much but it was 10.99 for a box of 20.

they are loaded with large caliber hunting rounds, they had blackout 300,45ACP, 40 S&W, a whole isle 25 feet long 4 feet high stacked three deep in 12 Ga.

They also had two drums of 7.62 x 51 LC for $6,999.00 each. they had 3 drums of 5.56 LC at $4,999.00 but the clerk said one guy came in and purchased all three drums.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    They had both 9MM FMJ and HPs not much but they had it. they had some 5.56 again not much but it was 10.99 for a box of 20.

they are loaded with large caliber hunting rounds, they had blackout 300,45ACP, 40 S&W, a whole isle 25 feet long 4 feet high stacked three deep in 12 Ga.

They also had two drums of 7.62 x 51 LC for $6,999.00 each. they had 3 drums of 5.56 LC at $4,999.00 but the clerk said one guy came in and purchased all three drums.
    any idea what kind of 5.56 they had for 10.99? how much did the 9mm fmj cost?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    any idea what kind of 5.56 they had for 10.99? how much did the 9mm fmj cost?

sorry I looked at so many types that I can't remember. Call them!
    The blackout .300 was $34.99 and the 338 Lapua was $187.99 for 20 ouch! It was probably over priced or I would have got some. As I recall it was too much for what is was. But they got it!!!!
    Wyatt Earp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links