Ammo Getting Hard to Find - One Place to Stay Away From - Target Sports USA

This is a discussion on Ammo Getting Hard to Find - One Place to Stay Away From - Target Sports USA within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I placed an order for only about 1,000 rounds of .22 ammo with Target Sports USA on Jan 3rd. Repeat...not even an defensive round...just some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ammo Getting Hard to Find - One Place to Stay Away From - Target Sports USA

Ammo Getting Hard to Find - One Place to Stay Away From - Target Sports USA

I placed an order for only about 1,000 rounds of .22 ammo with Target Sports USA on Jan 3rd. Repeat...not even an defensive round...just some .22 ammo. It was one of the few places that I found at that time with a specific type of .22 ammo in stock that I needed for my wife's .22 semi-auto...since it is particular with the type of ammo it wants to spit out properly.

A few days later, they placed a notice on their website that they were so far behind in orders that they were not taking any more orders until they got caught up. So, I emailed them again on Jan 8th, asking about my order...and specifically asked that they cancel it, since I'd found the ammo elsewhere. Never heard anything.

So, I emailed them again on Jan 14th, saying I was concerned and were they having issues. Once again, if my order will not ship, just please cancel it. That time, I actually got a return email from a Doug Delmic, stating that my order was shipping the next day, Jan 15th.

When I still hadn't received my order by Jan 25th, I emailed again, saying that now I see on their website that the ammo I'd ordered was showing out of stock...and that I was concerned. And, that even though Doug had told me 10 days earlier that it was leaving the warehouse, it was still showing as "Not Yet Shipped" on their website. Once again, I never heard anything back.

I emailed them again on Jan 29th, just asking for an update on my order, and wondering what was going on, since Doug had said my order was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago. Still no reply from them.

So, I emailed them again this morning, saying "It's not been 18 days since you said my order was shipping. Your website still shows Not Yet Shipped. You have not bothered to contact me or answer my emails, even after saying, "Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

Let me say, I detest doing business with companies such as yours, and never will again. I'm a member of a lot of different shooting organizations, and will ensure I get the word out to others to say away from Target Sports USA.

All I want is my order, which I paid for over 4 weeks ago. You took my money, but will not ship my order, or answer my emails. All for a few boxes of .22 ammo. Unbelievable!! Just FYI - I ordered over 2000 rounds of .22 ammo, 500 rounds of 9mm ammo, and 300 rounds of .380 ammo from another mail-order company on Monday of this week...received it all yesterday. Now, that's a company I like doing business with."

Guess what, he finally answered my email, saying, "IT IS NOT YOUR AMMO, IT IS MY AMMO, AND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT. I AM VOIDING YOU ORDER AND CONSIDER YOUR SELF BANNED FROM OUR SITE."

My reply, "Outstanding!! Bottom line is you lied to me...and that's that."

Once again, after all my emails not being answered, he starts answering them once I was forced to get ugly with them. So, his reply to me now is, " BOTTOM LINE, WE DONíT WANT YOU AS A CUSTOMER."

So, my answer to that was, " Good deal. Funny...now you start answering my emails. Very funny! Please refer to my email below, dated January 8th, when I asked for my order to be canceled, if my ammo was not going to ship. You guys have a lot more problems than being behind. Can't wait to share this with a few forums and the BBB. Good luck!"

And, yes...once again he answered with, "Thanks for the free publicity"

This is definitely the kind of company that I will not do business with, and since he doesn't want my business, I guess that's good. I just wonder how this guy stays in business. I've seen a lot of similar comments about them on the BBB site, which I should've checked before I tried to do business with them. So be warned, if anyone is thinking about doing business with these guys. I don't want to see this happen to others.
    StormRhydr and flintlock62 like this.

2. Remove Ads

thats a damn shame to see a company like that and for the reason that you posted i def wont buy from them spread the word homie

Right now they can not meet customer demand. Business is actually so good they can not keep up. I am sure it will not always be that way. Poor customer service can change things for them when the boom is over.
    dukalmighty and Sister like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I think you are correct Stevew. And, I realized that right after I placed my order...well, within 5 days anyway. That's why I started emailing and just wanted them to cancel my order. That would've been the end of it. But, to not answer any of my emails...and then finally when he does, he turns out to be a total a$$! I only needed the .22 ammo for teaching my wife and getting her prepared to take her CHL test. And, we go through a lot of .22 ammo. Since I place my order with these guys, I've bought over 4,000 rounds of .22 ammo from other sources...namely Cabela's and Cheaper Than Dirt. Cheaper Than Dirt was the company I mentioned that I ordered all that ammo from this week, and already received it. Of course, if helps that I'm only a couple of hours from them.

VIP Member
    For all the heat that Cheaper Than Dirt takes, I find that their order fulfillment is among the best. We've gotten some great deals from them - my kid got a smoking deal on .270 that shipped promptly right in the middle of all this mess.

'Sorry for your trouble MickHLR. Vote with your feet/wallet. Long live the free market!
    revldm, MickHLR and kmagnuss like this.

Ive ordered alot from target sports usa, and never had any problems matter of fact my last order from them just showed up today, the order was placed on Jan 2, and I knew that it was going to take a while to get it, but never had any doubts about not getting it.. I think they are just so far behind that its taking much longer for them to get things around, I will continue to shop from them, as they have great prices and service... sucks that you had a bad experience...

Great lyodbraun...glad you got good service from them. And, I could understand them being behind, and it taking a while. But, let me know. Answer my emails. I did not the way they never answered my queries. And, if they were having issues, then just go ahead and cancel my order, like I requested 5 days after I placed it. And, never tell a customer they are banned from your site and you don't want their business.

I see on the BBB website that they've already had 5 complaints filed since Christmas:

12-26-12 - Delivery Issues

01-11-13 - Advertising/Sales Issues

01-15-13 - Advertising/Sales Issues

01-29-13 - Delivery Issues

01-29-13 - Advertising/Sales Issues

So, definitely a business I would stay away from.

I’ve been researching Target Sports USA this morning, seeing if anyone else had reported any issues with them.

I wish I’d looked at this link prior to ordering from this company. A few positive comments here, but for the most part it seems everyone else had the same issues as me.

Target Sports USA Reviews - targetsportsusa.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

And, it seems they had this issue even before the ammo shortage started. Here’s a guy’s frustration with them from Sep 2012.

Targetsportsusa.com Review

And, I actually found a link right here on the forum about them last August.

Target Sports USA - Ruger Forum

my experience

I too ordered from Target and got the same message on backlog. It was for some Hornady 25 grain hollow points. The next day got a email stating that the order was being processed and recieved my order a few days later. Total time about 7 days. I would not write off the company because of a hick-up on an order. Demand has gone out of sight and production is just now catching up. Agreed some ammo is harder to keep in stock than others, but I wouldnt burn the house for a few roaches.

redhawk44357, glad your experience with them was positive. But, I wouldn't have posted this if I'd considered it a "hiccup on an order". I posted it because the guy was a total a$$, canceling my order today, after I've waited a month, and then banning me from his site. I guess the thing that got to me the most was him saying "IT IS NOT YOUR AMMO, IT IS MY AMMO, AND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT. I AM VOIDING YOU ORDER AND CONSIDER YOUR SELF BANNED FROM OUR SITE." I can't see myself doing business with anybody this childish. And, maybe you didn't consider the 5 BBB complaints since Christmas, or all the comments at resellerratings.com. Like I said, I'm really glad you had a good experience with these guys, and I really hope everyone does that deals with them. I would just hate for me to not say something, and others from the forum have similar experiences as me.

Very grateful!

Thanks a bunch Mick! I was just looking at their site for an ammo purchase. I'm very grateful for your post. This makes my decision very easy. But where did you go for ammo? I am finding it to be quite the challenge. Thanks Again!

Quote Originally Posted by MickHLR View Post
    I placed an order for only about 1,000 rounds of .22 ammo with Target Sports USA on Jan 3rd. Repeat...not even an defensive round...just some .22 ammo. It was one of the few places that I found at that time with a specific type of .22 ammo in stock that I needed for my wife's .22 semi-auto...since it is particular with the type of ammo it wants to spit out properly.

A few days later, they placed a notice on their website that they were so far behind in orders that they were not taking any more orders until they got caught up. So, I emailed them again on Jan 8th, asking about my order...and specifically asked that they cancel it, since I'd found the ammo elsewhere. Never heard anything.

So, I emailed them again on Jan 14th, saying I was concerned and were they having issues. Once again, if my order will not ship, just please cancel it. That time, I actually got a return email from a Doug Delmic, stating that my order was shipping the next day, Jan 15th.

When I still hadn't received my order by Jan 25th, I emailed again, saying that now I see on their website that the ammo I'd ordered was showing out of stock...and that I was concerned. And, that even though Doug had told me 10 days earlier that it was leaving the warehouse, it was still showing as "Not Yet Shipped" on their website. Once again, I never heard anything back.

I emailed them again on Jan 29th, just asking for an update on my order, and wondering what was going on, since Doug had said my order was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago. Still no reply from them.

So, I emailed them again this morning, saying "It's not been 18 days since you said my order was shipping. Your website still shows Not Yet Shipped. You have not bothered to contact me or answer my emails, even after saying, "Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

Let me say, I detest doing business with companies such as yours, and never will again. I'm a member of a lot of different shooting organizations, and will ensure I get the word out to others to say away from Target Sports USA.

All I want is my order, which I paid for over 4 weeks ago. You took my money, but will not ship my order, or answer my emails. All for a few boxes of .22 ammo. Unbelievable!! Just FYI - I ordered over 2000 rounds of .22 ammo, 500 rounds of 9mm ammo, and 300 rounds of .380 ammo from another mail-order company on Monday of this week...received it all yesterday. Now, that's a company I like doing business with."

Guess what, he finally answered my email, saying, "IT IS NOT YOUR AMMO, IT IS MY AMMO, AND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT. I AM VOIDING YOU ORDER AND CONSIDER YOUR SELF BANNED FROM OUR SITE."

My reply, "Outstanding!! Bottom line is you lied to me...and that's that."

Once again, after all my emails not being answered, he starts answering them once I was forced to get ugly with them. So, his reply to me now is, " BOTTOM LINE, WE DONíT WANT YOU AS A CUSTOMER."

So, my answer to that was, " Good deal. Funny...now you start answering my emails. Very funny! Please refer to my email below, dated January 8th, when I asked for my order to be canceled, if my ammo was not going to ship. You guys have a lot more problems than being behind. Can't wait to share this with a few forums and the BBB. Good luck!"

And, yes...once again he answered with, "Thanks for the free publicity"

This is definitely the kind of company that I will not do business with, and since he doesn't want my business, I guess that's good. I just wonder how this guy stays in business. I've seen a lot of similar comments about them on the BBB site, which I should've checked before I tried to do business with them. So be warned, if anyone is thinking about doing business with these guys. I don't want to see this happen to others.

That's too bad. I ordered from them several times before the current situation arose. Their sale prices on full cases were great and I always had my order filled promptly.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    OP, sorry about the way they treated you. I will not be buying from them.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Did they refund your money?

I just looked at their website and they have pmags for $12.50... I would be very suspicious.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links