Anyone do business with LAXammo?

This is a discussion on Anyone do business with LAXammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Curious before I order from them if anyone here had experience....

Thread: Anyone do business with LAXammo?

Anyone do business with LAXammo?

Curious before I order from them if anyone here had experience.

2. Remove Ads

Wink

These guys are unbelievable...in a good way.

I had seem good luck with their 45 reloads, and went to a gun show before the election to really stock up on target ammo. We're talking thousands of rounds in 45 and 9...as well as 40. I had not shot their 40 and found that for some reason my XD would not cycle it reliably. This was a huge problem, because it was a new gun and I had purchased...5000 rounds. I ran 500 rounds and had problems in nearly every magazine. However, my friends had no such problems.

So I emailed LAX ammo late on a weeknight, to let them know and see if the was anything we could do.

They wrote back that night, and after we chatted about it for maybe 5 minutes, they had been very nice, they said "just take them to the next gun show, or bring them to our showroom (I live 3 hours from LA) and we can give you store credit, replacement ammo in a different caliber, or cash refund."

Holy cow, good people. Wasn't even their fault, it was my gun, they said XDs for some reason have trouble with their 40 reloads.

I took the refund in 45 reloads and very rarely will have a bad primer, and I have shot literally thousands of their reloads.

Customer service...check
    Great ammo...check
    Nice folks...check

Worth registering to this forum just to give them props...check!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Chicken, thanks for the feedback. Although, to be honest, I'm always a little suspicious of a "joined just to give a good (or bad) review" post. So, please understand if I take you with a grain of salt for the moment.

That said, you might just be right. Ordered 1/31, FedEx says it shipped 2/1, and I should have my ammo on 2/8. We'll see, but things look good so far. Apparently they operate their online business as a side operation to their range.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    These guys are unbelievable...in a good way.

I had seem good luck with their 45 reloads, and went to a gun show before the election to really stock up on target ammo. We're talking thousands of rounds in 45 and 9...as well as 40. I had not shot their 40 and found that for some reason my XD would not cycle it reliably. This was a huge problem, because it was a new gun and I had purchased...5000 rounds. I ran 500 rounds and had problems in nearly every magazine. However, my friends had no such problems.

So I emailed LAX ammo late on a weeknight, to let them know and see if the was anything we could do.

They wrote back that night, and after we chatted about it for maybe 5 minutes, they had been very nice, they said "just take them to the next gun show, or bring them to our showroom (I live 3 hours from LA) and we can give you store credit, replacement ammo in a different caliber, or cash refund."

Holy cow, good people. Wasn't even their fault, it was my gun, they said XDs for some reason have trouble with their 40 reloads.

I took the refund in 45 reloads and very rarely will have a bad primer, and I have shot literally thousands of their reloads.

Customer service...check
    Great ammo...check
    Nice folks...check

Their range is nice, I need to get some ammo from them.

how are the prices, their sight is down
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    how are the prices, their sight is down
    I saw 500rds of WWB JHP 180gr for $209.

300win mag 200rds for $240, same with Federal.

$199 for 500rds of FMJ .40 s&w winchester.

Just to give an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    I saw 500rds of WWB JHP 180gr for $209.
    That's ballpark what I paid for 500rds of WWB JHP 230gr....just under $250 with shipping. Not much more than local Walmart price, although shipping skews that.

Im sure the prices will be lower once this scare blows over.

Totally understand the skepticism. Just hadn't come up with anything meaningful to contribute yet, and have been able to find answers to all of my questions. Anyway, best of luck with your purchase. :)

The whole reloading process takes place is warehouse behind the range. It's pretty cool.

Chicken, how are their reload prices? Especially for .45?

Update: They shipped quickly, and I got the box today. All looks well. So....LAXammo gets a thumbs-up.

Links