Walmart ammo availability

This is a discussion on Walmart ammo availability within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Louisville for me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walmart ammo availability

Louisville for me.

2. Remove Ads

My Wally world only had a few boxes of 12Ga birdshot and no Pistol or Rifle. Cleaned shelves all the way down to the floor. That was yesterday Monday the 4th.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

VIP Member
    My kid works there in stocking, He said they used to get ammo in daily ( center fire and rimfire). Nothing for over 10 days. Except 12 ga. They have pallets and pallets of 12 ga in the stock room. He says it will most likely go on sale by weekend as it takes up much room back there.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Been hit or miss at the one I go to, the other day not a single handgun round (other than .22 of course) was to be had.

Re: Walmart ammo availability

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    there was a spot for the 55gr fmj version on the shelf for $8 something. all they had this morning was the 50gr lake city poly tipped hollow point stuff. I have no idea if its any good but it's all they had.

I've already traded it for 250rds of LC M193 to a guy that likes it for coyotes and prairie dogs.
    Ahh my bad, i missed the "varmint" part.

Boone, NC. Western part of the state

Distinguished Member
    Nothing at wally world around here that I've seen yet. Got a call from a buddy that sportmans had got a shipment yesterday but it was being bought up as he watched. Pretty crazy, glad I have my stashes. But sounds like at least a little is coming in, just sounds like everyone is still panic buying.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Re: Walmart ammo availability

I found a decent amount at a local range. Theyre rationing certain things like .223 but have a small selection of most everything else. I picked upa box of corbon .44special 165grn jhp, a box of remington 44mag 240sp and a box of gold dot .38+p 125grn. Cost me $109 for 75 rounds!

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    Man i got lucky. Same stuff at my walmart was $8
    Aren't you a nice guy for busting this thread writer's bubble.
    C hawk Glock likes this.

My local Walmart has a rather poor selection, it's been that way for years ever since they stopped selling guns. You can't always rely on there being much stock of 9mm, or .22LR during normal times, and now with the panic, forget about it. If you want 12 gauge birdshot, fine, anything else you can pretty much forget.

A few local Walmarts I have been to in the last few days have had Federal and Winchester 9mm and 45 in stock. Around 10 boxes each. I picked up some 9 yesterday. No 22 LR though

My boy has been pestering me for a couple of weeks to take him to the range. So, today I jumped on Wal-Mart's website to track down some .40 range ammo. I usually shoot the Winchester FMJ white box stuff. $20 for a box of 50. Very few stores had "limited stock" and only one that I saw showed "in stock". This was in Denver and the Denver suburbs. The "in stock" store was the Wal-Mart on Hampden Ave in Denver. They actually had 8 to 10 boxes of FMJ and 4 to 6 JHP, both Winchester white box. I think the only other handgun ammo in stock was some Tula Ammo stuff and a 100 rd box of .380 Winchester JHP. After running some errands in Parker, I also checked the Wal-Mart there. They actually had some .40 Federal Hydra-Shok and PPU, but no Winchester. The counter guy said he gets 1 to 2 boxes of random stuff per shipment, but it's almost always gone by the end of the day. It's seems to be pretty hit or miss. He also said most of what he gets is .40 S&W and/or .380. Another reason I'm glad I went with a .40 when I bought my M&P. Nothing against 9mm, but it sure is in short supply these days. Happy hunting everyone!

Last time I was at Wal Mart they had Winchester PDX1 in 45ACP and 38SPCL in stock that I picked up. I didn't really need them but I figured if it is there buy it now because who knows when ammo will become more readily available. Almost everything else was out of stock except for a few boxes of shotgun shells and a little bit of 40S&W.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    Give him a tip if he will give you a heads up on the delivery...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Calvito View Post
    He also said most of what he gets is .40 S&W and/or .380. Another reason I'm glad I went with a .40 when I bought my M&P. Nothing against 9mm, but it sure is in short supply these days. Happy hunting everyone!
    opposite in Louisville. lots of 9mm on the shelves of the Walmarts and LGS's near me (at least in the morning). some fmj 40 but not much at Walmart but plenty 40 at the LGS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links