Walmart ammo availability

This is a discussion on Walmart ammo availability within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While reading a thread somewhere the tip I got was to check stock on Walmart's website, then call to confirm availability. Well I did that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walmart ammo availability

While reading a thread somewhere the tip I got was to check stock on Walmart's website, then call to confirm availability. Well I did that this evening and turned up some .40S&W Hydrashocks. They had plenty on the shelf, but everything else was pretty bare.

While I was there I got to talking to the guy - he's the one that stocks the ammo case. According to him, they get shipments daily but it is a crap shoot what time. Apparently this morning the shipment came in and by mid-day the shelves were empty of all except what I found. Tomorrow's shipment is supposed to be in the evening so I will stop by after work and see what I can come up with. I need some target rounds.

I hope the guy isn't just feeding me a line to get my hopes up.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Walmart ammo availability

Yea they get shipments every day for everything but ammo.. LOL my local walmart only Gets sporting goods and ammo, if available once a week... And lately there has been no ammo..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I got lucky and scored some american eagle 223 for $8 per box. But that was at 830am

i got six wal marts all with in 15 miles drive time and none of them have any ammo. that is in the cals that i shoot.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I've been to 3 Walmarts I don't even know how many times in the last 6 weeks or so - not once have I found any I could use. I've only seen ANY ammo once at one store. The guy at the store closest to me told me just check in periodically, no regular day of the week. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yea they get shipments every day for everything but ammo.. LOL my local walmart only Gets sporting goods and ammo, if available once a week... And lately there has been no ammo..
    none of that is true about either of the walmarts near me. they get trucks 5 days a week (not Wednesdays or Sundays I think) and all departments are as likely to get inventory or not get inventory. they get ammo on consecutive nights all the time. I'm not sure if its the same everywhere though. good luck.

3 stores near me and all pretty empty. One had a few boxes of 380 and another had only some shotgun. Same info from employees- they really don't know.

Yesterday the Walmart store in NRH, Texas had one box of Remington 380 ammo and now I have one extra box of Remington 380 ammo in my safe. I check every day but may find some 380 ammo once every 2 weeks. My timing may be off.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

My walmart has plenty of ammo, for doves. Everything else is no go.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

not really plinking ammo but at least they were normal price.

purchased 10 boxes this morning February 5th.

I received information from two totally independent but knowledgable sources that Walmart's Fiscal Year begins March 1st and to expect heavy ammo shipment. They've pretty much finished off the financials for this year and are looking to start off the new year with heavy sales. Take it however you see fit but I'll be visiting my walmart early on March 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorri0322 View Post
    I received information from two totally independent but knowledgable sources that Walmart's Fiscal Year begins March 1st and to expect heavy ammo shipment. They've pretty much finished off the financials for this year and are looking to start off the new year with heavy sales. Take it however you see fit but I'll be visiting my walmart early on March 1st.
    Walmart's fiscal year begins February 1 and ends January 31. Walmart reports quarterly earnings results in May, August, November and February. See dates for upcoming quarterly results and other financial events.

Walmart Corporate - Quarterly Results
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    not really plinking ammo but at least they were normal price.

purchased 10 boxes this morning February 5th.
    Man i got lucky. Same stuff at my walmart was $8

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    Man i got lucky. Same stuff at my walmart was $8
    there was a spot for the 55gr fmj version on the shelf for $8 something. all they had this morning was the 50gr lake city poly tipped hollow point stuff. I have no idea if its any good but it's all they had.

I've already traded it for 250rds of LC M193 to a guy that likes it for coyotes and prairie dogs.

Can you gents please also post the geographic areas of all these Wallys. That would be of greater assistance to all. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links