Ammo supply update good news!! - Page 2

Ammo supply update good news!!

This is a discussion on Ammo supply update good news!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sharkman Well it appears from this article that DHS is buying another 21 million rounds of .40 cal and 9mm .... So ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ammo supply update good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman View Post
    Well it appears from this article that DHS is buying another 21 million rounds of .40 cal and 9mm .... So it might be quite a while before we see the stores able to stock the shelves again .... At least I was able to get some 9mm components to reload some round so I can go to the range with my Glocks….

» DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    No, DHS didn't. That is just info wars getting it wrong AGAIN. Since the infowars people either can't read the document, or they are intentionally lying, I will explain that. (There is already another thread on this) The purchase is for two hundred forty thousand rounds of ammo. They are asking for a price per thousand. The low IQ infowars staff multiplied the the total order of one item (100k) times 100 (units of per thousand) and came up with ten million of that item. DHS is buying 100k rounds of .40, 100k rounds of 9mm hp, and 40k rounds of 9mm ball. That is it, there aint no more.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    No, DHS didn't. That is just info wars getting it wrong AGAIN. Since the infowars people either can't read the document, or they are intentionally lying, I will explain that. (There is already another thread on this) The purchase is for two hundred forty thousand rounds of ammo. They are asking for a price per thousand. The low IQ infowars staff multiplied the the total order of one item (100k) times 100 (units of per thousand) and came up with ten million of that item. DHS is buying 100k rounds of .40, 100k rounds of 9mm hp, and 40k rounds of 9mm ball. That is it, there aint no more.
    Thanks I saw the other thread and now aware of the accual data for this order and a whole bunch smarter ... it is a good thing we have some members that can see through the miss information (propaganda) these sites put out..... Keep up the good work....
    Son remeber this and you will go far ........

"The gunfight is in the head, not in the hands."
    +++++
    "God is Great... Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy"
    +++++

cj
    Wow, that's scary how badly that rumor is getting propagated, with no one pointing out the apparent inability of those screaming in panic to read a basic RFQ. I googled the solicitation number and a sampling of the results shows that people just aren't actually bothering to LOOK at the thing.

Ammo is showing up here at some Walmarts and LGS. I got lucky today, went to a Walmart in another town and they had some Federal Champion 9mm and 9mm Hydra Shok's so I got some of both. The attractive young woman in front of me bought the last three boxes of .223 they had. There was a supply of .380, .38special, .40, and .45acp available too.

At the Post Falls, ID Cabela's they are out of .308, 9mm (except for Rem Golden Saber), .40 (except for Rem Golden Saber), .38 (except for Rem Golden Saber), .380 and absolutely no .22 LR, Longs, Shorts or Mags. Only .22 shotshells. They did have some HSM .223 loaded with Sierra Blitzking and V-max bullets for $43 per 50. No AR's, no PMAGS, no hi cap mags for pistols.

Here's the story. Homeland Security Soliciting Bids for 26.1 Million Rounds of Ammunition But Former SEAL Explains Why It?s Completely Normal | TheBlaze.com
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

VIP Member
    My wally world up date: Spoke to the manager and was told the larger Walmarts in certain locations would get more of the ammo and his store would likely not see very much for a while. Corporate wants to move it as fast as they can ( they are retailers ).
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I just came home from my local wally world and the shelves are still empty.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I went to Sportsman Warehouse tonight and the shelves are bare in regards to popular handgun calibers. They had 2 boxes of .45 Gold Dots. Other than that, they had 10mm, .454 Casull & .500 Magnum S&W.

I'll probably check out my local Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Got lucky on Thursday and was able to find a little .223/5.56 at a local gun shop and a Walmart. Was limited to three boxes at each store. The LGS had about a dozen boxes on the shelf and the Walmart had1 left after I bought my three and the two people in front of me bought their three each. If I'd showed up 5 or 10 min later I'd have been SOL. No 9mm, .38, .357 or .22 to be had at either store or the other two Walmarts and the Big R I checked out that day. Really puts a damper on range time. I have a little bit of a stash but nothing to write home about and I really don't want to use it up if I can't replenish it.

The Blaze is a bit closer to the truth but they are a bit misleading also. If you look at the bullet points (pun intended) of the ATK contract notice that word in the parenthesis. "(max)" That contract could be described as being "for no more than" or "up to" 450 million rounds over five years which is how they describe it in the referenced story. But what percentage of readers do you think would bother to click on and read the linked story?

But notice how they fail to mention the minimum guaranteed purchase? Instead of looking at the (max) in this case it is a max of $75 million we should be asking the people putting these stories out what is the minimum? That is what the government is committing to buy, and frequently that is all they are actually buying.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Went to a local store and one gun shop I frequent. And they hd more ammo than in the past several weeks. Most calibers and a bunch of 5.56 but no 22lr yet Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Yep or until the next time our commander n thief opens his big fat trap!
    That should be Tuesday.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I hope things improve sooner than later. I just bought a lever .22 that i'm dying to shoot. Wasnt aware that .22 was also tough to find. I guess I just assumed it was easy since there are gazillions of boxes out there. Oh well...I should have done my homework first

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    I saw a new style TulAmmo today for the first time.

Made it Italy TulAmmo BRASS-MAX 50-r boxes of 223 FMJ-BT for $15.97. They are brass with non-corrosive boxer primers. The necks were very heat-tarnished. I didn't buy it because I wouldn't buy the Russian stuff but these are made in Italy and use brass, but like I said the necks are really tarnished.
    Were the case necks truly tarnished, or discolored from annealing (which is a normal process for several manufacturers)?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links