Ammo supply update good news!!

This is a discussion on Ammo supply update good news!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the local Walmart this morning at 7:30, they were filling the ammo cabinet with .22 lr.. first they'v had any in about ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ammo supply update good news!!

I was at the local Walmart this morning at 7:30, they were filling the ammo cabinet with .22 lr.. first they'v had any in about 6 weeks... fedral 550 rd box's and federal match 325 round boxes... I scored 3 boxes, 1650 rounds for $66 .. they were all out by noon.

2. Remove Ads

Here in NW Indiana, ammo is scarce. Gander Mtn doesn't have much, Wal-Mart has bare shelves. Some places are limiting you to 2 boxes. I hope things get better.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nothing around my area yet. Not anything I can use for the range or SD. I have not gone to the range in a while, and I used to go every other week at least.

I see a lot of 7mm, I guess noone uses that.

Quote Originally Posted by slosolo2 View Post
    is there not some budget concern with all the ammo being purchased by this agency?

Blame tapatalk
    what budget?????
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Well I finally found some ammo.

They opened a new Cabela's near here today at 11 AM. Since I have purchased from the company by mail order in the past I was sent an invitation to the pre-opening yesterday. I went there after work, got there about 4 PM. The store opened to invitees at 9 AM.

I was pleasantly surprised that they had all kinds of ammo still on the shelves. The store was quite busy since everyone that had ever bought from Cabela's in the past was sent an inivtation. They had quite a bit of at least five manufacturers brands for every handgun caliber, 9mm, 45, 40 S&W, 38 special, 357, although to be honest I don't recall if I saw 357 Sig. They also had quite a bit of 223/5.56 and a rack full of 7.62X54R and 7.62X39, both steel cases and brass cased.

The only thing that they were out of was 22LR. The only thing they had in 22 LR was some boxes of red tracer at $10 for 20 rounds and some shotshell ammo. This really surprised and disappointed me. I just purchased a ruger 10/22 TD a month ago and need to get a stockplie of ammo for it. Apparently it was flying of the shelves in the morning. A store employee told me that they had some set aside for todays grand opening, but alas I won't be able to make another trip there until Saturday.

My daughter met me at the store when she got out of work and since they were limiting everyone to 3 boxes of ammo per person I bought 3 boxes of 40S&W and she bought two, plus a box of brass cased 7.62X39 AK-47 ammo.
    DallasCMT likes this.

Still have not found ANY .22 LR in the Dallas area. None at Cheaper than Dirt, Academy, Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware. Would like to see some of the ammo supply return to our neck of the woods.

I am in the Houston area. I also don't see any .22, .45, etc. Not even bothering to ask for .223. :)

Quote Originally Posted by wgooden View Post
    Still have not found ANY .22 LR in the Dallas area. None at Cheaper than Dirt, Academy, Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware. Would like to see some of the ammo supply return to our neck of the woods.
    I was at Academy at 75/Forest in Dallas about a week ago (get there right at 8:00 AM Mon, Wed, or Fri only) and they had the Remington buckets (1400 rounds?) for about $68 or so. It's dirty ammo but it goes bang.

They put the ammo that commonly sells out right by the front door, but calibers, brands, and quantities vary. They may or may not have it. I passed on it since I have a few hundred rounds already and hardly ever shoot .22 LR.

Was in local Wally World yesterday, shelves still bare. Asked the lady whom I've dealt with many times
    if she had any .22LR stashed under the counter. She just smiled, said sorry.
    Several customers were lined up but I didn't hear what they were asking for but they also got the smile
    and sorry.

Haven't been in Academy this week but what little ammo they had last week was at the Customer Service
    counter right as you entered the store. I didn't really notice what caliber as I'm not looking for factory ammo.

Reloading supplies from the big online retailers are impossible to find.

CWP instructors reporting that the boom for classes is dwindling due to ammo shortage.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

I forget specifically what websites I was looking at but I came across a few through google searching ammo that were completely out and posted that they expect to get inventory sometime in April. I think April 13 was listed.

VIP Member
    Chin up guys!!! I found a box of 525 Federal 22LR got it $22.95 kinda pricey but got it! Ammo is slowly showing up but still no way the manufactures can keep up!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Chin up guys!!! I found a box of 525 Federal 22LR got it $22.95 kinda pricey but got it! Ammo is slowly showing up but still no way the manufactures can keep up!
    "A" box, that's funny!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    "A" box, that's funny!
    I wish this was in the off topic and humor thread!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: Ammo supply update good news!!

Everything is in shortage here in Richmond, VA also. I was able to pick up 2 50rd. boxes of Winchester .45acp 230gr FMJ for $22.00 per box at the Wally World in Mechanicsville. The only thing they had on hand was one 20rd box of Winchester .243, one 20rd box of .38 Special.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Nothing on the western end of VA either. I'm in good shape for practice and SD ammo for a while. Have been looking for some 22LR stock. Taking the kids to the range with both girls shooting 22, we can burn thru some rounds. But I refuse to pay BS prices for it. At least for now. Maybe in the future we'll have to, but not now.

Was thinking about the people that have been panic buying so much, maybe the surplus will start showing up in springtime yard sales
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links