Ammo supply update good news!!

This is a discussion on Ammo supply update good news!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been checking out the local shops for a few weeks now. I was concerned with the lack of inventory and or the huge ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ammo supply update good news!!

VIP Member

I have been checking out the local shops for a few weeks now. I was concerned with the lack of inventory and or the huge amount of sales going on. SO... I started to shop the local suppliers, gun stores, Fleet Farm,Cabelas, Gander and some Mom and Pops shops around here ( on a daily basis).
    Today most stores had good inventory with most handgun and rifle calibers in stock. Also found plenty of 22LR. So maybe in a few short weeks the shelves may look "normal" again.

On the reloading side of it well thats another story. Little to no primers, some bullets, some brass, some very limited powder.

There also seemed to be a few more hand guns under the glass, ( did not see many other than poly lower ARs)

Not very many mags either.
    mbguy29577 and tony1990 like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The last two days I have noticed also ammo is coming back also :) Both days I have seen a 50% improvement from the day before. From nothing to Mega bulk packs of 40 cal, even smaller packages of 223 and 7.62. ! Still no 9MM or 22 but I have plenty of that. The good news, its coming in daily. I suspect 30-90 days depending on your local and such. People who have cleaned out the shelf's are going to get stuck with it if they were just speculating. People around here just got crazy . Like I said before, a good lesson of supply and over demand. I am also seeing local trading sites over loaded with Ammo and the Black Scary rifles .....LOL again hope you didn't buy at the top....cause that noise you just heard was a POP of the bubble ....
    rammerjammer and tony1990 like this.

NMB
    Still bare shelves around here.

Plenty of birdshot, 10mm and .17hmr though.....

NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    .....LOL again hope you didn't buy at the top....cause that noise you just heard was a POP of the bubble ....
    Yep or until the next time our commander n thief opens his big fat trap!
    sixgun likes this.
    Wyatt Earp

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Ive seen the same.Even picked up a "spare" 100 rounds of 223 the other day

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I have been checking out the local shops for a few weeks now. I was concerned with the lack of inventory and or the huge amount of sales going on. SO... I started to shop the local suppliers, gun stores, Fleet Farm,Cabelas, Gander and some Mom and Pops shops around here ( on a daily basis).
    Today most stores had good inventory with most handgun and rifle calibers in stock. Also found plenty of 22LR. So maybe in a few short weeks the shelves may look "normal" again.

On the reloading side of it well thats another story. Little to no primers, some bullets, some brass, some very limited powder.

There also seemed to be a few more hand guns under the glass, ( did not see many other than poly lower ARs)

Not very many mags either.
    Thanks for your report but since you don't list your location (even the state),it is really not helpful for others to find any ammo.
    JaxRolo and oneshot like this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

My local shops still have nothing common.

1 had a box of 7.92 Kurz though, so if anyone needs ammo for their STG44 I can hook you up! I almost picked it up for the novelty...
    F350_6 likes this.

I don't look for the ammo situation to improve until the gun control hoopla finally dies down. That could take quite awhile depending on how hard the gun control lobby pushes their agenda.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Thanks for your report but since you don't list your location (even the state),it is really not helpful for others to find any ammo.
    Sorry SE Wisconsin
    Wyatt Earp

I wasn't really buying this morning, unless a real deal was available. I was just out of the house checking the locals here in Sanford, Fl. The Walmart was pretty much empty of everything but a little shotgun ammo. They did have a 7 or 8 boxes of 20rd of 55gr .223 labeled PPU which I'm unfamiliar with. Gander Mountain's shelves were full of most handgun and rifle ammo, all the usual brands. Not cheap by any means but plentiful. The only 5.56/.223 I saw was behind the counter with a sign of a strict 200rd max purchase.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    I saw a new style TulAmmo today for the first time.

Made it Italy TulAmmo BRASS-MAX 50-r boxes of 223 FMJ-BT for $15.97. They are brass with non-corrosive boxer primers. The necks were very heat-tarnished. I didn't buy it because I wouldn't buy the Russian stuff but these are made in Italy and use brass, but like I said the necks are really tarnished. I could have bought the last 17 boxes. I could call and the guy at the LGShtore would save them for me and go back and get what ever is left; if they are not as bad as the Russian made ammo. The guy couldn't tell ma anything about the TulAmmo BRASS-MAX except that they are mad in Italy because he hasn't ever seen it or fired any of them.

I did get the last 5 boxes of AE357mag JSP for $24.99 for 50-r, and the last 9 boxes of PPU 5.56NATO FMJ-BT made in Serbia for $6.89 for 20-r. Never saw the PPU but the brass is shiny clean and they have brass primers so I bought it. I got it also because it's the first 5.56NATO I've seen at a reasonable price since the middle of last Dec.

Question:
    A) anyone have any expereance with the PPU / should I have passed

B) anyone have any expereance with the TulAmmo BRASS-MAX Made in Italy / should I have bought it

Well it appears from this article that DHS is buying another 21 million rounds of .40 cal and 9mm .... So it might be quite a while before we see the stores able to stock the shelves again .... At least I was able to get some 9mm components to reload some round so I can go to the range with my Glocks….

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Son remeber this and you will go far ........

"The gunfight is in the head, not in the hands."
    +++++
    "God is Great... Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy"
    +++++

Re: Ammo supply update good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman View Post
    Well it appears from this article that DHS is buying another 21 million rounds of .40 cal and 9mm .... So it might be quite a while before we see the stores able to stock the shelves again .... At least I was able to get some 9mm components to reload some round so I can go to the range with my Glocks.

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Is there not some budget concern with all the ammo being purchased by this agency?

Blame Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    I saw a new style TulAmmo today for the first time.

Made it Italy TulAmmo BRASS-MAX 50-r boxes of 223 FMJ-BT for $15.97. They are brass with non-corrosive boxer primers. The necks were very heat-tarnished. I didn't buy it because I wouldn't buy the Russian stuff but these are made in Italy and use brass, but like I said the necks are really tarnished. I could have bought the last 17 boxes. I could call and the guy at the LGShtore would save them for me and go back and get what ever is left; if they are not as bad as the Russian made ammo. The guy couldn't tell ma anything about the TulAmmo BRASS-MAX except that they are mad in Italy because he hasn't ever seen it or fired any of them.

I did get the last 5 boxes of AE357mag JSP for $24.99 for 50-r, and the last 9 boxes of PPU 5.56NATO FMJ-BT made in Serbia for $6.89 for 20-r. Never saw the PPU but the brass is shiny clean and they have brass primers so I bought it. I got it also because it's the first 5.56NATO I've seen at a reasonable price since the middle of last Dec.

Question:
    A) anyone have any expereance with the PPU / should I have passed

B) anyone have any expereance with the TulAmmo BRASS-MAX Made in Italy / should I have bought it
    Necks were not tarnished they were annealed ( mild heat treated ) typical with Military ammo

Nothing wrong with PPU if it had your desired bullet weight
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Necks were not tarnished they were annealed ( mild heat treated ) typical with Military ammo Nothing wrong with PPU if it had your desired bullet weight
    Yes I've seen that before on Federal but this seemed a bit over done?? Would you buy the Italy made TulAmmo BRASS-MAX?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links