Ammo in the Denver Area

Ammo in the Denver Area

This is a discussion on Ammo in the Denver Area within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For anyone interested, the Centennial Gun Store on Arapahoe appears to have plenty of handgun ammo in stock. My daughter and I stopped by while ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By CJ_mp40c

Thread: Ammo in the Denver Area

Ammo in the Denver Area

For anyone interested, the Centennial Gun Store on Arapahoe appears to have plenty of handgun ammo in stock. My daughter and I stopped by while we were out and about and their shelves were pretty well stocked. I picked up a 20 rd box of Speer Gold Dots for my .40 and a 50 rd box a piece of Federal American Eagle for my .38 and .380. Prices were reasonable for a LGS. Paid $32 for the SGD and $27 and $26 for the American Eagle. As far as I remember, they were well stocked with other calibers too. Just thought I would spread the word for anyone looking for ammo in the Denver area. Also, I have zero connection with this place other than as a paying customer. My son and I are going to try and get some range time at BluCore this afternoon. I will report back with their ammo status if we go.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. I've been looking pretty hard for ammo around here but must be catching everyone at the wrong time (more than 10 minutes after restocking)
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Of the two (BluCore and Centennial) do you have a preference between their ranges?

Thanks for the heads up. My cute little bride would assume I am crazy if I took off for Centennial She already knows. She'd want to go too

Ok, that was fun. Nothing like driving across Denver during rush hour. Ammo prices at BluCore were comparable to the Centennial Gun Store, and they were pretty well stocked with defense and range ammo. As for the range, it was great. This is definitely a place I will return to. Rock and Glock, I can't compare it to the CGS as I have never used their range. I hear it is nice though. I can say BluCore is great. The staff is friendly and the place is CLEAN. They have a large selection of handguns and a few rifles for sale and rent. They even have a 100 yard rifle range, which is way cool. The big plus was the ventilation system. Fantastic. One of the reasons we drove all the way across town was because our local range's (different than the Centennial Gun Store) air system is kind of bad and I'm not taking my son there again. There was a noticeable difference between the two ranges. Again, I have no connection with this place either. This was actually our first time there. Anyway, it's a nice place to check out and they have ammo! Sorry for turning my ammo thread into a range review.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Tactical Supply Bravo, 7255 S Havana St, Centennial‎ Colorado‎ 80112, has a good supply of defensive ammo... And handguns.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I thought BluCore was very nice. Centennial is nice too, but the range is not as nice. CGS is building an entire new building, so they say.

Sorry for turning my ammo thread into a range review.
    It's your thread, you can do what you want My fault anyway - I asked Darn Mods

Thanks for the heads up. I've never been to Centennial Gun Store and have only been to BluCore once since I am on the other side of town. My wife and I really liked BluCore when we went to check it out but it was a bit of a haul to get there from up near Stapleton. Maybe I'll make a trip down to CGS this weekend. Hopefully they will still have a decent supply. I'd go earlier if I could but I am stuck in Kalifornia all week for work.

Links