Ammo list - "certified" 9mm, .40, and .45 rounds?

This is a discussion on Ammo list - "certified" 9mm, .40, and .45 rounds? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking around for a list in a thread that someone linked to. I can't remember if it was someone on this forum ...

Thread: Ammo list - "certified" 9mm, .40, and .45 rounds?

I have been looking around for a list in a thread that someone linked to. I can't remember if it was someone on this forum or not that posted the link, but the forum that the thread I am looking for was on had a dark background (maybe black or dark brown background with white letters?). Whoever wrote it had some data that grouped 9mm, .40, and .45 rounds that were certified by some organization or service as "acceptable". Does this ring a bell with anyone?

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

I'm betting this is the list you're looking for. Gary Roberts and his cult following put together this list. It's not perfect or complete, since it only includes rounds they've tested, but they're high on the pantheon of ballistics gel testers, and they're good at it. I don't think the rounds on this list are the ONLY effective rounds, but none of the rounds that pass his test have a bad reputation in either gel tests or in police shootings (To the extent that data about those are available).
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Anything on their list will simply bounce off BGs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links