9mm Ammo

9mm Ammo

This is a discussion on 9mm Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ammunition Depot has 9mm Remington UMC, 500 rounds for $199...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9mm Ammo

9mm Ammo

Ammunition Depot has 9mm Remington UMC, 500 rounds for $199

Sorry guys. I found them on the website, ordered them, and then came over here and posted it. After I posted I went back to the website and they were already gone.

That's the same price I paid for 1000 rounds a year and a half ago. Damn this gun/ammo panic!
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I know.This stinks. The last time I bought some it was $10.50 a box last summer. I've got plenty of SD ammo
    at the moment but I really needed more FMJ. The only thing I have been able to find so far was CCI Blazer for $50 a box
    And I will not pay that much for practice ammo. I choked at paying $19.99 a box, but I had to have it. Just makes me part of the problem,
    If nobody paid that much, it wouldn't cost that much.

Bought 2 boxes of magtech 115gr fmj at a gun show this weekend, $18 a box, some guys there
    Were asking $45 a box!!! bet they'v still got theirs!

Ammunition Depot has it posted that 9mm ammo only lasts minutes on their site. They are local for me, but its too hectic for me to deal with them now, plus the prices are sky high compared to last summer.

went to wal mart and bought the last 20 round box of hollow points. I cant wait till this panic is over with

I've got my email on every notification list on every site that sells bulk. Pre-ordered 2 cases of S&B 124 gr for $218 each, + shipping, probably another $40 for both. Expected in June.......
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by american.made View Post
    went to wal mart and bought the last 20 round box of hollow points. I cant wait till this panic is over with
    The panic may be subsiding, at least in northern MI: I bought ammo at Walmart at 4 in the afternoon today. They've been getting some Federal and Winchester .45 and it's been leaving the shelves 'slowly.' 9mm however is still gone within hours.

I think part of the problem is that ammo is coming in too slowly from suppliers to cover even normal demand. So, if people are buying at a normal rate, it would look like panic. But I realize this doesn't explain what some people have been experiencing.

What we should probably do is continue buying moderately so even after the panic is over, manufacturers will keep production high. Plus we'll all be stocked up better next time (because 'next time' will probably get more and more frequent unless something changes, big time).

Quote Originally Posted by american.made View Post
    The panic may be subsiding, at least in northern MI: I bought ammo at Walmart at 4 in the afternoon today. They've been getting some Federal and Winchester .45 and it's been leaving the shelves 'slowly.' 9mm however is still gone within hours.

I think part of the problem is that ammo is coming in too slowly from suppliers to cover even normal demand. So, if people are buying at a normal rate, it would look like panic. But I realize this doesn't explain what some people have been experiencing.

What we should probably do is continue buying moderately so even after the panic is over, manufacturers will keep production high. Plus we'll all be stocked up better next time (because 'next time' will probably get more and more frequent unless something changes, big time).

9mm Ammo

I just avoid buying any ammo now. Only if its a deal, I grab some. Just not doing any mass purchases like most are doing. I have enough for now in every caliber I own EXCEPT Makarov 9x18, but still have enough for some range use.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
    I just avoid buying any ammo now. Only if its a deal, I grab some. Just not doing any mass purchases like most are doing.
    yep!!!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    I just avoid buying any ammo now. Only if its a deal, I grab some. Just not doing any mass purchases like most are doing.
    yep!!!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I just avoid buying any ammo now. Only if its a deal, I grab some. Just not doing any mass purchases like most are doing. I have enough for now in every caliber I own EXCEPT Makarov 9x18, but still have enough for some range use.
    Exactly, Lucky for me, when Bush was in office I bought cases of .45, 9 and .223 and never get around to shooting a lot.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Exactly, Lucky for me, when Bush was in office I bought cases of .45, 9 and .223 and never get around to shooting a lot.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links