CCI .40 S&W NR With a Solid (Maybe Painted) Blue Tip

This is a discussion on CCI .40 S&W NR With a Solid (Maybe Painted) Blue Tip within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out with this ammo. A buddy of mine picked up quite a bit for cheap, but ...

Thread: CCI .40 S&W NR With a Solid (Maybe Painted) Blue Tip

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with this ammo. A buddy of mine picked up quite a bit for cheap, but I can't really find any info on it. It is an aluminum casing I believe, and from what I've found the NR stands for non-reloadable. The tip seems to be FMJ that is painted blue, but I really don't know. Searching the Internet for the blue tip showed the shot-shell rounds, but those are clear and you can distinctly see the bb's, from what I've read.

Does anyone know what this ammo is? He plans to sell it at a gun show tomorrow and is trying to sell me some beforehand for a relatively good price. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amperius

It is likely aluminum cased, berdan primed (both of those characteristics mean it's not reloadable) and the blue "paint" is a nylon jacket on a lead bullet. Nylon is cheaper than copper and being jacketed prevents bore fouling that could occur with a bare lead bullet.

It should be similar to this: Cabela's: Herter's Select Grade TNJ 9mm Ammunition with Dry-Storage Box

That looks about it. Thanks a lot for the help with the situation, much appreciated.

-Amperius

Sponsored Links