Local Walmart got an ammo shipment today!!!

This is a discussion on Local Walmart got an ammo shipment today!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It will be over soon. A few things are happening right now to make it seem bad. 1.People are buying guns and ammo now that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Local Walmart got an ammo shipment today!!!

It will be over soon. A few things are happening right now to make it seem bad.

1.People are buying guns and ammo now that have never owned a gun before.
    2.People are panicking over politics and slim availability of ammo so have went into Black Friday/Hoarder Mode.
    3. The trolls that smell a chance at making a profit suddenly got into the gun/ammo game to sell in the secondary market.

It will be funny when the people hoarding all the ammo for profit are sitting on all that ammo that just price dropped by 500%.lol
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

They got some ammo in a few days ago at my local Wal-Mart too, a dozen boxes of Winchester PDX1 9mm. I haven't seen it in stock for 4-5 months. They also had a sign up limiting 3 boxes per customer.

There's some ammo that always seems to be in stock, don't remember what they all were, but Winchester PDX1 in .38 is pretty much always sitting there.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member
    I am giving up on ammo and the guns that use it. From now on I am just using my new rechargeable, laser-blaster rifle. Just plug it in overnight and you have a few thousand bursts of incredibly powerful laser beams. And it doesn't even resemble a military style weapon. So I don't have to worry about bans or hi-cap mags. Just charge up the thing and you're good to go. No mess, no bang, just a quiet hiss sound. Only fires a single blast with each trigger pull, so no need for a class 3. Only problem is mirrors. Those ricochets are really scary! I'm going back to my crayons and my Tom Swift coloring book now.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I checked whats on out shipment tonight before I left work. 4 cases of federal .223, thats 1600 rds. I guess you know what I will be getting in the morning.

Only two boxes. Did you all have a lottery to see who got them. LOL

Well, I just got back from taking my daughters to WM and actually scored 3 boxes of 22lr. Remington (:-/) Gold HP with 225 in each. First ammo I've able to find at WM in forever.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

My LGS has just about any caliber you might commonly need (except 22wmr and 243) but it is all priced about 2x what it should be.

Nope didn't do a lottery. I could buy it all. but not fair to the rest. I try to buy 2 boxes per paycheck for my stash.
    There are many times it's gone before I even get to work. So that being said, when I get 2 boxes, I score.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Only two boxes. Did you all have a lottery to see who got them. LOL
    Done need a lottery for 2 boxes out of 16

Local Walmart got an ammo shipment today!!!

my wallyland had 2 boxes 380 and 9 boxes of 9mm tul ammpo i got me 3 boxes of 9mm left the 380 they had other ammo i love being in a populated city :) tons of walmarts

Damn where are you?! My 2 Walmarts usually have shotgun shells at the very least. Both of them said that they get NIGHTLY shipments of ammo in, but they never know what they get till they open the box. Call every morning to save yourself a trip

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Several of us were waiting when the guy came from the back room. The shipment consisted of 2 boxes (not cases) of 12 ga....that was the entire "shipment".
    So did they limit you to just three-shells

I got to work this morning, to get the 2 boxes, and all 4 cases gone. so much for playing fair. Next shipment.... I going to get it ALL

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I am giving up on ammo and the guns that use it. From now on I am just using my new rechargeable, laser-blaster rifle. Just plug it in overnight and you have a few thousand bursts of incredibly powerful laser beams. And it doesn't even resemble a military style weapon. So I don't have to worry about bans or hi-cap mags. Just charge up the thing and you're good to go. No mess, no bang, just a quiet hiss sound. Only fires a single blast with each trigger pull, so no need for a class 3. Only problem is mirrors. Those ricochets are really scary! I'm going back to my crayons and my Tom Swift coloring book now.
    That sounds like a good plan, I'll follow suit.

I was actually able to pick up three boxes of winchester white box 45 for $20 a box yesterday. My buddy texted me, I was up there about 15 minutes later and there was still 5 boxes left. I was amazed! At least now I have some plinking ammo to break in my new XDS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links