Defensive Carry banner

9 mm Ammo Source?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  AKsrule 
#1 ·
I purchase ammo at my local range for around $10ish per 50-count box of PNC(?) or some similarly named ammo.

Is this a good price? Can ammo be purchased through the internet for less than this without buying 1,000s of round in bulk?

#4 ·
Wal-Mart still sells 9mm CCI blazer brass rounds for 7.17 a box here in TX.

Academy or Gander Mtn. often have good to fair prices.

For buying in less than quantity amounts, it is not practical to buy a box or two at a time from online sources due to shipping costs.

#6 ·
You can get some friends who shoot 9mm and go in together to buy ammo in bulk. I have done this many times and routinely do it for ammo and reloading supplies. I always wonder if the ATF is going to show up one day asking why one of us why we are buying so much ammo?

#7 ·
I just bought 5 boxes (250 rds) of Fiocchi 115 FMJ from MidwayUSA for $50 shipped. That's not cheap...it's a little less than average. On the plus side, the ammo is awesome range ammo...best I've ever used for practice.

#10 ·
I like the Ammo Man, I have had good luck with them and it's free shipping. They might not a huge selection but it's all good quality ammo to great quality at very fair prices.

I just bought a case of a 1000 rds of .45 acp Speer Lawman and a 1,000 rd case of Federal American Eagle both for practice. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

ETA - Website! www.ammoman.com This is also assuming you are buying in bulk. That's the only way I do it, I buy it in the large quantites to get the best deal.

I have also found that LEO's get nice discount's on ammo most places, so if you have a LEO friend that can buy it with his ID you both can split what you want between the two of you. I am doing this next time with a friend that is a LEO who mentioned it to me so we can both get a deal. Food for thought!

Ti.

#11 ·
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/browse/browse_ammo.asp I joined the BUYER'S CLUB a long time ago at Sportsman's Guide and it's paid for itself many times over in savings. EX: I got 250rds of 9mm ball for about $5.80 per box delivered! Not Wolf or any other Eastern Euro trash, either!

#12 ·
For practice/plinking ?

How about Good Quality Remanufactured Ammo ?

9mm 115gr copper plated round nose @ 1050fps $6.50 box (bulk)

http://www.accuswage.com/prod06.htm

They are in PA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.