How's this surplus pakistani 9mm ammo?

This is a discussion on How's this surplus pakistani 9mm ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So desperate for ammo these days I'm looking at surplus pakistani ammo that's corrosive... would really give my M&P9c a run for it's money. they ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tacman605

Thread: How's this surplus pakistani 9mm ammo?

So desperate for ammo these days I'm looking at surplus pakistani ammo that's corrosive... would really give my M&P9c a run for it's money. they probably shoot hot too lol...

https://samcoglobal.com/Ammo-9mm-ball.html

thoughts?

VIP Member
    Avoid it like the plague. I will not even use Paki weapons or ammo here. Squib loads, over powered loads, bad metal on weapons it is not worth the risk to your firearm.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Avoid it like the plague. I will not even use Paki weapons or ammo here. Squib loads, over powered loads, bad metal on weapons it is not worth the risk to your firearm.
    here = afghanistan?

maybe QC was better in the 70s? LOL

just so fricken expensive... gonna have to start shooting .22 soon

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    just so fricken expensive... gonna have to start shooting .22 soon
    Good luck finding any quantities of .22LR. It's been almost non-existent around here.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I worked with the Pakistani government for many years and did visit several of their plants and their main ammo plant in Wah, Pakistan. The plants are owned and operated by the government with, at the time, a Pakistani General in charge. From all appearances it was an efficient operation but with questionable production line safety nor did I see any completed product quality inspections. I have fired Pakistani produced weapons and ammo, but only while in country, all fired without a problem. Would I use the ammo? No.........
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    So desperate for ammo these days I'm looking at surplus pakistani ammo that's corrosive... would really give my M&P9c a run for it's money. they probably shoot hot too lol...

https://samcoglobal.com/Ammo-9mm-ball.html

thoughts?
    I'd stay clear of it. The 9mm MK 2Z ammo is known for unreliable primers and poor performance (squibs). Throw in the fact that it is corrosive and not reloadable (Berdan priming system) and it's just not worth the trouble.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

No never. I am not buying any foreign ammo for any reason. I also reload most of what I shoot and I know my QC is Good.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

VIP Member
    Yes here Afghanistan
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

...I've heard it shoots friends...I wouldn't buy/shoot any of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    No never. I am not buying any foreign ammo for any reason. I also reload most of what I shoot and I know my QC is Good.
    I have ammo made in Egypt, Israel, Germany, Bulgaria, Russia, China, England, India..... Have shot a ton of it and never had a problem with any of it. Have never encountered any from Pakistan nor anyone that has so I would be a little cautious till I got reports from some "testers".

Sponsored Links