Wally World Sticker Shock!!! - Page 2

Wally World Sticker Shock!!!

This is a discussion on Wally World Sticker Shock!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local shop has been warning its customers for months about the pending increase in ammo costs. I took this content from their website current ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally World Sticker Shock!!!

My local shop has been warning its customers for months about the pending increase in ammo costs. I took this content from their website current today:

Ammo prices continue to rise. Federal announced 2 upcoming price increases totaling almost 18% between now and 1/1/07.

Winchester is going up 13% on December 1st. Remington has two 6% increases planned for 2006.
    I seem to recall from another occasion that my guys passed on info that the increase in ammo costs are specifically related to the increasing cost of brass.

These guys are the #1 volume seller of ammo in my state. They have frequent contacts with the industry necessitated by all of the firearm restrictions in DPRM and so if they say its so, I know its safe to take it on their word.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

I can't tell you the last time I have bought ammo from wal-mart. They are way too expensive for my taste. Especially when you can find alot of palces that are cheaper.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I usually buy my ammo online, in quantity, in order to save money. I tend to use ammoman.com primarily, but I do check around before I buy. Also, Bass Pro Shops will frequently have sales, and they now have a location in Vegas, so I will go there ocasionakky

Ex Member Array Roundeyesamurai's Avatar
    Wal-Mart will eventually start selling Norinco ammunition, which means that their ammo will be like all the rest of their merchandise- made by slave labor in a Communist country!

Midway has been sending out monthly price increase warnings since IIRC July.
    I bought 10 boxes of Remington UMC .45 ACP JHP today for $9.98/per via Dicks.
    WalMart had been prior my normal supplier.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Since I got that new Kahr CW9 9mm yesterday, of course had to have ammo. I did buy 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 115grfmj at the same time, for $11.00/50. Today, had to go to WW to get a cassette recorder for my mom who is blind, so she can listen to "books on tape", and of course ended up at the Sporting Goods counter. Bought 200 rounds of WWB @$12.88/100 and also 250 rounds of UMC 115grmc for $33.87/250. That gives me 450 rounds to breakin the CW9 and that Hi-Point 995 carbine I got also yesterday ($199).

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

$12.88/100 - WOW, if the drive from Fla wasn't so long I'd run over and buy them out. Everywhere else is between $20.00 - $25.00/100.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Look for another 10% increase around the first of the year.
    The ammunition companies just keep tossing out price increases, one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by afeazell21 View Post
    I can't tell you the last time I have bought ammo from wal-mart. They are way too expensive for my taste. Especially when you can find alot of palces that are cheaper.
    They have the cheapest prices on 45ACP that you will find anywhere, $9.98/50 of Blazer Brass. Also the WWB 100 packs are typically cheaper there than anywhere else, $12.88 for 100 9mm for example.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

Quote Originally Posted by NevJohn View Post
    Since I got that new Kahr CW9 9mm yesterday, of course had to have ammo. I did buy 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 115grfmj at the same time, for $11.00/50. Today, had to go to WW to get a cassette recorder for my mom who is blind, so she can listen to "books on tape", and of course ended up at the Sporting Goods counter. Bought 200 rounds of WWB @$12.88/100 and also 250 rounds of UMC 115grmc for $33.87/250. That gives me 450 rounds to breakin the CW9 and that Hi-Point 995 carbine I got also yesterday ($199).

John
    WWB is the same price at the W-Mart in Moscow Idaho and Lewiston Idaho, just grabbed 200 rounds of 9mm, the wife said to pick up milk, my son and I came home with milk and ammo.

MD

Walmart in the thriving mecca of NC, Mebane... has CCI Blazer Brass @ 9.99/50 and WWB 22.99/100. They also had 100 round boxes of Remington JHP for 29.99. I bought a box of the CCI and Remington.

Remington ammo is on sale this week at Dick's for $6.98/50. 9mm. I picked up 500 rounds for about $75 with tax. Dick's Sporting goods in Columbus, OH. Probably not as good a deal as you guys are talking about but it was originally priced at $9.98 so I figured I would take advantage of it, plus I don't shop at Wal-Mart so that is that.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Time to begin reloading, fellows, if you're not already doing it...

Dead

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    First of all, be happy that Wally world down there carries pistol ammo, ours do not, only "hunting" ammo.

Second, .45acp 230 ball here is $23 a box of 50, I woul love it if we could get 100 rds for that! I also wish I could buy your ammo and bring it back, but your #@#$#@$ Homeland Security prevents me from doing so, Canada Customs only cares if I pay tax on it. Your import/export laws are a pain in the butt!

I picked up 5 Value pack boxes of WWB (500 rds) of 230 gr FMJ in .45 yesterday, for $21.88/box up from $19.98 at my local WM. 9mm is now up to $12.88 from $10.98 for the Value pack.
    02PSD4ME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links