Stop buying ammo

This is a discussion on Stop buying ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Takeem406 Not sure where your at but 40 is in stock and hasn't gone up in price. Even 9mm. I love Montana! ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Stop buying ammo

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    Not sure where your at but 40 is in stock and hasn't gone up in price. Even 9mm. I love Montana!

In God and Glock we Trust
    I keep telling my wife we gotta move there. Indiana seems to be all caught up in the panic buying.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    Not sure where your at but 40 is in stock and hasn't gone up in price. Even 9mm. I love Montana!

In God and Glock we Trust
    Try living in Lower Hudson Valley NY State.
    I think that Lobster is less than .45 JHP
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

GH
    I think once the Federal Government stops buy all the ammo they can (the IRS???) prices might start coming down all over instead of at just a few pockets in the nation. There are other factors in play, though. The growth in gun ownership & concealed carriers. That's also the Fed's fault. Many that are just plain scared of it.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Is it really come to this !! I'm a vacation this week , so I like to go to the range , when its not so crowded. I also hit the sporting goods stores in town .

I went to the local Gander Mountain , happened to get there right at opening. First thing I noticed the lot was full . I walk in the door and some lady says you here for the ammo . If you are you need to take a number from the tall guy in the gun area . I wasn't there for ammo specifically, but I'm low on 22lr .
    Get a number , it's #47 . Wait in line , people were just plain rude .
    Couldn't believe the guys filling their baskets . They have a ten box limit . They finally call me number , only thing left is 22lr for $25 for a box of 50 .
    I felt like we are doomed , will this panic buying ever stop . Who knew Wednesday is their ammo delivery day !!
    Cheesewiz likes this.

You went to Gouger Mountain and was suprised at there prices, There prices where rediculous before the panic.
    Still buying my Remington bulk pack for $17.99 plus tax.

Stop buying ammo

Did the OP really say stupid people should stop buying ammo so he could start?

Sent from my iPad
    PEF likes this.

Kind of easy to stop buying what is not on the rack.
    CDW4ME and BigStick like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    When are people in this country going to start using there brains. 9mm went from 23 to 50 cents a round and people are sucking it up because there taking our guns away. STOP BUYING AMMO AND WATCH THE PRICE DROP LIKE A ROCK...We get upset at the politicians, but we get what we deserve because we are so dam stupid...
    ps.....I went to a gun show in fort Myers Florida at a civic center.It was PACKED with people buying everything. They were selling 1000 rounds of 9mm for $480.00, 6 month ago I paid $230.. delivered to my home...I looked at the guy and told him I could be out of ammo and I wouldn't pay that..
    I've been searching ammo sites and selectively buying at pre-panic prices. But one needs a combination of patience and diligence to do this.

I've managed to get a supply of .38 and .357 plinking and SD ammo.

9mm, however, I've been SOL. Luckily I bought 2k rounds before the panic.

So I won't stop buying ammo, but I'm only going to buy at a price I deem reasonable. Eventually it will return to normal.

...prices here seem fair...didn't order to see what's actually in stock...might be of some help

Ammo for Sale Online | 223, .45, 9mm and more ammo types

Stop buying ammo

Stop buying ammo? I can't find any ammo to buy! The last I bought was 100 rounds of HST from an online dealer, only 90 of which actually made it to my house. (Something about FedEx and the stupid snowstorm). No fmj to be found anywhere, so I can't even go to the range. And yes, I couldn't afford to stock up on ammo back when there was still any to be had.

Ammo prices here have went up a bit but not that much. One week one LGS will be out of a caliber but one of the other two will have it. Maybe a buck higher on a box of 50 speer gold dot 40 stuff like that but nothing really horrible.
    I have noticed the guns themselves are starting to rise here about 70 bucks higher than before on any given service caliber. Still can get a deal here and there though if you wait and look around. Especially a private seller.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Lately things have been a little better here in SD. I lucked into a fresh shipment at a LGS and nabbed 600 rounds of 9mm ball while it was in stock along with 1000 good quality .22 rounds. A few days later they got in another batch of .22 of another brand and I nabbed a 375 round can of that. WM has had 9mm in a couple times recently. The main LGS always has .45 ACP and the price isn't bad and they have every kind of .40 S&W you could imagine.

Today's logon screen from Georgia Arms:

DUE TO COMPONENT SHORTAGE

ORDERS WILL SHIP AS SOON

AS AMMUNITION IS AVAILABLE!
    2 TO 9 MONTHS ESTIMATED!

ALSO WE ARE OUT OF STOCK ON ALL INVENTORY.

I am sure that the manufacturers like Win, Rem, etc. are cranking it out as fast as they can, but how does the little guy stay in business when he hasn't got anything to sell?

Stocking up on 12 Gauge ammo...

If I come across what I consider a bargain, then I'm a fool and I don't pass it up. I would rather buy what I can and when I can. I prefer to keep a good supply of all shot sizes because I hunt as often as possible. 00 Buck is next to impossible to get here locally, but I never leave the store empty handed.

I quit buying and stopped going to the range. I don't like the price gouging or the rudeness or the greed or the pour gun handling nonsense I see from newbies at the range. I have plenty of self defense ammo and will patiently wait. I'll play golf instead.
    Broadus likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links