Stop buying ammo

Stop buying ammo

This is a discussion on Stop buying ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When are people in this country going to start using there brains. 9mm went from 23 to 50 cents a round and people are sucking ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Stop buying ammo

Stop buying ammo

When are people in this country going to start using there brains. 9mm went from 23 to 50 cents a round and people are sucking it up because there taking our guns away. STOP BUYING AMMO AND WATCH THE PRICE DROP LIKE A ROCK...We get upset at the politicians, but we get what we deserve because we are so dam stupid...
    ps.....I went to a gun show in fort Myers Florida at a civic center.It was PACKED with people buying everything. They were selling 1000 rounds of 9mm for $480.00, 6 month ago I paid $230.. delivered to my home...I looked at the guy and told him I could be out of ammo and I wouldn't pay that..
    Last edited by RickyS; February 26th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

VIP Member
    Just like gasoline. But people aren't going to stop driving or shooting.
    Illuminati likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Great advice!!!

Thanx...

multistage likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Re: Stop buying ammo

Not sure where your at but 40 is in stock and hasn't gone up in price. Even 9mm. I love Montana!

In God and Glock we Trust

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Just like gasoline. But people aren't going to stop driving or shooting.
    Wanna bet, some people will stop driving and shooting sooner than others it just depends on their financial situation.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

This bubble's going to burst, and the people that bought all that ammo are gonna
    have enough to last them a long time.
    I'll be buying then, when supply outstrips demand.
    It's a waiting game at this point.

VIP Member
    Since I quit paying $6 for a pack of smokes two or three times every day, I have a bit more left over for the ammo budget.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Since I quit paying $6 for a pack of smokes two or three times every day, I have a bit more left over for the ammo budget.
    That's what I need to do right there...

CharlesMorri likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Never started buying ammo during this run or any previous run. A regular habit of adding to the reloading components over the years leaves one unshackled to the fluctuations of factory ammunition pricing.

I do mourn the spike in prices of .22 Long Rifle though. Can't load that. And, while I have a stockpile, I'm a little reluctant to burn it as freely as I'm prone to want to do.
    BMAT, BamaT, Regoria75 and 2 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

If everyone would stop buying ammo prices would definitely drop but that will never happen, so ride it out and do what you can.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    I am pretty much only buying when I actually go to the range. I have some (maybe 800 or 900 rounds) in storage. I will pick up a couple boxes at Wally World if they happen to have it when I go in, but I am not going out of my way to look for anything. I agree that it is a bubble and will pop at some point, such is capitalism...

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    When are people in this country going to start using there brains. 9mm went from 23 to 50 cents a round and people are sucking it up because there taking our guns away. STOP BUYING AMMO AND WATCH THE PRICE DROP LIKE A ROCK...We get upset at the politicians, but we get what we deserve because we are so dam stupid...
    Until we know the outcome of all this pending legislation, some of it directed towards ammunition, I will keep buying at a variety of prices until I think I have enough. I'm not even halfway to "enough".

I am upset at politicians for trying to undermine my rights, not because ammo prices are high.
    saa and Aceoky like this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I am pretty much only buying when I actually go to the range. I have some (maybe 800 or 900 rounds) in storage. I will pick up a couple boxes at Wally World if they happen to have it when I go in, but I am not going out of my way to look for anything. I agree that it is a bubble and will pop at some point, such is capitalism...
    I have to politely call BS. Every price bubble we've seen has started with some misguided action by the government or its agents. Without such action, capitalism is a relatively stable system.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Why don't you just tell a crack addict to stop buying dope...

or a liberal politician to stop spending...

or...

get the point?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

mox
    The unfortunate side-effect, it seems to me, is that there are a lot of people out there who are arming themselves for the first time since these new laws were being proposed. But it's not just the ammo that's going through the roof, it's guns too. In many cases I'm seeing the same gun going for 30% or more above the price they were going for last year. Heckuva way to welcome new supporters.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links