Ammo selection at Wally World today...

This is a discussion on Ammo selection at Wally World today... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I happened to drop by my local WalMart about an hour ago and for the first time in over 2 months they actually had .40 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ammo selection at Wally World today...

I happened to drop by my local WalMart about an hour ago and for the first time in over 2 months they actually had .40 in stock when I went in. Decent amount of it to for what's been round lately.

Anyways, they basically had two brands. White box Winchesters, 165 grain at $35/100rd. box. I picked up 2 boxes, figuring it's good enough for the range (as a side note, how would this be as a defensive round if push came to shove?). But I also saw some Tul-Ammo Brass Maxx - 170 grain which I thought was odd, as I've never seen that load on shelves. It was also comparatively expensive at $22/50rd box. I also am stigmatized to stay away from Tul-Ammo from my LGS not allowing it.

Online shows a pretty decent divide between "it's decent" and "it's terrible". So I figured I'd ask here if anyone has any experience or input for the Brass Maxx line.

I went to three different Wal-Marts today (and Bass Pro) and all shelves were empty. I was however able to get the ever so attractive female worker to divulge when the shipments came in and the time when they began to stock the merchandise.

As a bonus, I also got her phone number and have a date with her on Saturday. :)
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

My local wal-mart has also been getting a decent amount of 40 S&W in every few days. So much so I traded my Glock 19 for a Glock 23. Why pay $22 per 50 for 9mm that I can't even find?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Blitzburgh, scores not only ammo but a date to boot. You sly rascal you, I'm impressed.
    BamaT likes this.

mox
    My Walmart actually had two shipments in two days. Before that, they were getting one about every couple weeks.

Pro tip: if you call, they'll usually tell you if they have any in stock. Of course, it might all be gone by the time you get there, but at least you'll know if you have a hope in heck of getting it. (of course, you lose the benefits of getting pretty employees' phone numbers, but whaddyagonnado?)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I went to three different Wal-Marts today (and Bass Pro) and all shelves were empty. I was however able to get the ever so attractive female worker to divulge when the shipments came in and the time when they began to stock the merchandise.

As a bonus, I also got her phone number and have a date with her on Saturday. :)

Congrats on the phone number. That's the only thing I know of that's harder to get than ammo.
    blitzburgh likes this.

One Walmart in WV had around 200 boxes of 40 ammo. That's it, but they had a lot.

I'll share the info with you guys, but keep in mind this may not be the same for every Wal-Mart.

She said the trucks arrive (just about every day) around 5-6PM, but the merchandise doesn't start getting put on shelves until about 9PMish. She also said, not every truckload contains ammo.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It's been a good day. the 9mm was at Wallys, had about 10 boxes, the 22LR is from an LGS.

Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

After learning that Wal Mart sat down at the table with Bloomberg Obama etc and works with them in their little anti gun circus
    you can find the letter one of our members recieved from them on this forum. and admit to going beyond the regulations the law proscribes to infringe on our 2A rights, I nor my family will purchase ammo or a candy cane from them again. Ammo ill get at my local LGS. If Wal Mart wont support us I wont support them.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post

Pics or it never happend LOL J/K, but for real if you want to show a pic of the lovely ammo lady we would all like that LOL..My local wally worlds have not had any ammo in months now... sucks, but I did order some 9mm online today, 500 rounds, but im sure it will be on backorder LOL.. congrats to all that got ammo...

I of course didn't take a picture of her while there. If she's okay with it, I'll take a pic of her on our date for the good sake of DC community. :)
    lyodbraun likes this.

lately since ive had money for bullets ive been going to walmart everynight around 8 when they put their shipments out. sometimes its nothing and some times its something. last week to different times i got 1 100 round pack of 45 3 50 round packs and 1 50 pack of 40s all were winchester white box. and yesterday they had 3 federal 115 gr 9mm 100 round packs in and i was gona take em all but this guy ive been seeing their also looking for 9mm wanted some so i got two boxes andlet him get one. and the lady said they had more in the back. so i think what theyre doing (atleast at my walmart) is setting out 3 or 4 boxes here and their so people dont buy 10- 12 boxes at a time and when those 4 boxes are gone will put a few more boxes out a little bit later

.40 is the only caliber I've seen at Walmart in forever. Unfortunately, I don't have a gun that shoots it.

WE are limited to 3 boxes per visit.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links