Backordered Ammo

This is a discussion on Backordered Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First post here. Been around a while but never felt compelled to join in the discussion but something happened today that made me wonder if ...

Thread: Backordered Ammo

Backordered Ammo

First post here. Been around a while but never felt compelled to join in the discussion but something happened today that made me wonder if anyone else had the same experience. I ordered bulk .223 and 22LR frrom Cabela's on 12/18. When the order was placed it showed as in stock. Got an e-mail a few days later indicating it was on backorder and expected in late January. I'm okay with that. No big deal. Then two weeks ago I get an e-mail asking if I want to keep it on backorder. I responded that I did and again no big deal. I'm in line and I'll get it when it's available. This morning I checked my order history to see if a diifferent order had shipped and my ammo order was gone. Not listed as cancelled but just completely gone as if it never happened. I called customer service and the rep told me she really wasnn't sure what was going on but certain ammunition orders were being cancelled. Anyone else had this happen with Cabelas? I know shelves are all empty and this is a universal problem but I expected Cabelas to honor orders that they accepted.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your situation I have never purchased from Cabela's, so I have no comment on your issue.

As a former service manager, however, I suggest you contact Cabela's Customer Service Department, speak with a supervisor, and ask your question. If you get no satisfactory response, ask for the name of the head Customer Service, often a VP, and the VPs of Sales and Marketing. Write to all of those people and ask THEM your question.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I'm in the same situation with 1000 9mm. I called it in and while on the phone the girl verified stock and processed my order. A couple of days later its backordered until 2/25. On 2/26 I get a new email....backordered until 3/25. Oh well. I have plenty for the range for now. I guess I'm in line and hopefully price is locked in.

Dono

I posted about a company called GTG. they offer some fair prices but say they won't ship until July. Before I order I wanted to know if anyone here has done business with them. I do not want to end up like the Op on this post.

Links