Ammo!

This is a discussion on Ammo! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know where I can find small pistol primers for reloading?? I know now is not the best time to go looking for supplies ...

Thread: Ammo!

Ammo!

Does anyone know where I can find small pistol primers for reloading?? I know now is not the best time to go looking for supplies but there are a lot of people on this site that knows a lot. Anything will help

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find small pistol primers for reloading?? I know now is not the best time to go looking for supplies but there are a lot of people on this site that knows a lot. Anything will help
    I bought a few before the supply dried up. Give me a PM. Maybe we can work something out.

HA HA HA Good luck. Ive been lookin for a while and no luck.

VIP Member
    the problem is getting worse! I can find large but no small pistol. I guess I will shoot my 45 more
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I have both and am now alternating big and small guns so they will go further. I have more small pistol than large pistol, but have 4X the number of small pistols vs large pistols. Oh well, I could be out of primers.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

the suggestion i would tell you is to sign up for notices of when products come into stock on websites like grafs and sons, and midwayusa...other than that i haven't found anything out there. it is really scarce here in SE wisconsin.
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

Folks we are now way past getting supplies as they are now going out of stock and will likely stay out of stock for some time to come. IF you find a stash.buy it up with no questions asked up to what u can afford on your credit card or bank account. We are way past every day shortages and as some of the folks up here at the Tactical Conference and Polite Society Conference say that this ammo shortage may extend until 2017. Good Luck!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Try Graf&Son

the question is not so much where as when. As soon as the surge to to buy ammo ends primers will become available. Right now the manufactures are investing all of their components in product with the highest profit margin. High end JHP and ammo in low quanity, high quality boxes (shiney objects). Next will come range ammo and finally you will start to see a better supply of components. Primers, for some reason(probably lowest profit margin) are usually the last component to become readily available. Watch for sights with back order ok and backorder them. Sooner or later the UPS man will start rolling up your driveway and you will find yourself saying ok, now I have 50000 primers, better get started loading.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Links