Who loads the best Barnes XPB 115gr cartridge

This is a discussion on Who loads the best Barnes XPB 115gr cartridge within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; here are the list i found so far, not sure if one manufacturer loads it better.. lower flash, true higher velocities ... >Corbon DPX >Double ...

Thread: Who loads the best Barnes XPB 115gr cartridge

Who loads the best Barnes XPB 115gr cartridge

here are the list i found so far, not sure if one manufacturer loads it better.. lower flash, true higher velocities ...
    >Corbon DPX
    >Double Tap
    >Buffalo Bore
    >Black Hills.

there are some differences in FPS and Energy.
    some are brass cartridges and some are nickel.

2. Remove Ads

I have the Cor-Bon 115 GR variety and have tested it at my membership range which has low light bays and there is essentially no muzzle flash. I am pleased with that. Also testing of my Ranger T's in 9MM have the same result. Shot them (Ranger T's) today in the Tactical Conference and Polite Society Match in a low light senerio and they performed as advertised including two 12 GA Shotgun Blasts next to me as a distraction in the course.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Of the four you list, Buffalo Bore will probably produce the actual highest velocity.

Everything of theirs that I've shot has been screaming hot outta my guns -almost to the point of making wonder if it's over-spec for pressure- their 'Heavy' .44 Magnum 305 gr. L.B.T.-L.F.N. (#4A) giving me 1358 fps from my stainless 7.5" SBH.

If you want 'hot', BB is it.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Asym Precision also loads the Barnes bullets in 9mm. Stan Chen is not a big believer in pushing pressure limits, but the ammo is quality.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I was doing some research on the .380 because I was considering on getting one for my wife (Got The Ruger LCR .357 Instead) anyways out of all the ammo tested for use in the .380 the only one the produced great results as far as stopping power was the one that Buffalo Bore makes for it.

Links