Freedom Munitions - Any info?

This is a discussion on Freedom Munitions - Any info? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good afternoon all. Does anyone have any information on Freedom Munitions? It looks like they're a brick and mortar/online company out of Idaho. However, they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Munitions - Any info?

Good afternoon all. Does anyone have any information on Freedom Munitions? It looks like they're a brick and mortar/online company out of Idaho. However, they have set up a retail storefront here in Houston. They sell both new and remanufactured ammo. Prices are decent, about $16 a box (50 rounds) for new 124 grain FMJ 9mm and $19 a box(also 50 rounds) for new 124 grain JHP. The storefront here in Houston gets a shipment of 30,000 rounds or so in every few weeks. Last time they got a shipment in, I hit it on the right day and picked up 1000 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP. It seems to run just fine through my M&Pc 9mm. Really curious as to how effective their JHP is for SD ammo. Any information/testing results would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Couple years ago, we were having a "pistol fest" over at the private range here and I ordered 5 K of their 9mm where we would have plenty of ammo for a fun weekend. It was good, quality, shot clean and I was happy. At the time I got it put in here for $196/1000, so I wish I could buy more. 20 or so of us shot this in lots of different pistols and had no problem.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Wow, ammo at the store but zip online.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I check their site almost everyday. Haven't seen anything but "Out of stock" since early January.

Like other posters have mentioned.... Very good ammo, but their site has been out of stock for quite some time.

Distinguished Member
    I have some 9mm that I ordered around this time last year that I've been using at the range the last few weeks. Not a single problem so far. I ordered it with a coupon and got 1000 for $177 shipped!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

They had a few issues with some KBs when they were contract loading for USA Ammo. Seems to be isolated for the most part.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I have never heard of this company and I live in Idaho. They are based in Lewiston, same small town as the famous bullet maker Speer. Why do they have a storefront in TX when we have no ammo here in our own state? :)
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Thanks to all for the info. Seems like it's running well for me too. I've got about 250 FMJ and 50 JHP down range and have had zero issues. Seems to be fairly clean.

Hinkleid, the brass on all the rounds I have from Freedom are Speer brass. Pretty interesting they're in the same town. I'll ask why they opened up a storefront in Houston this week when I go over to pick more up.

Wish I could get some more. I got 500 new rounds of 9mm the first of January and it ran with no issues.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

i havent shot it yet but i have been to the retail store about 50 miles from my house... and i can buy all the ammo i want it is always in stock
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

I have shot their .40 .45 380 and 223. It is good ammo. I just wish they weren't sold out

Never had a problem with thousands of 9mm and nearly 700 rounds of 45acp

If you are ordering online and it's marked out of stock, just mark that you want to be notified by email when that particular item is in stock. Then, get online in about 2 seconds , place your order, and hope like heck they haven't sold out of it yet. Ask me how I know.
    NRA Life Member

Shot 500 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of .45. All remanufactured ammo and no problems, yet. As I don't expect any trouble from what I've seen so far, I'd give Freedom Munitions a big thumbs up! IF YOU CAN FIND ANY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links