Aguila Minishell (1 3/4) 12 gauge shotgun ammo

This is a discussion on Aguila Minishell (1 3/4) 12 gauge shotgun ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aguila Minishell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 #4 #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20 I had never heard of this stuff until yesterday when I ...

Thread: Aguila Minishell (1 3/4) 12 gauge shotgun ammo

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Aguila Minishell (1 3/4) 12 gauge shotgun ammo

Aguila Minishell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 #4 #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

I had never heard of this stuff until yesterday when I read The Truth About Guns discussing the NY Safe Act and how this short ammo will cause most pump shotguns to be outlawed since it will allow them to be loaded with more than the magical 7 rounds.

I want to know more about this ammo. Anyone ever used it or have an educated opinion as far as comparing it to more traditional 12 gauge ammo?

I would be using it in a Mossberg 500. There is some discussion of feeding reliability and modification of the feed elevator, and/or developing a "feel for the pump".

Apologies if this has been covered, I did a search for "Aguila" and looked back a year. I don't normally delve into this sub forum.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    A friend of mine bought some and he couldn't get it to feed reliably in is Mossberg 500

He called me and we went to the range and I had the same problem in my 500 and 870.

Eventually he could cycle them through his 500 if he held it a certain way when he worked the pump.

I have heard of people doing some from of modifications but I have no first hand experience with that.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have only used it in a SxS shotgun, but they are awesome. Recoil is very light. Firing both barrels at the same time resulted in recoil similar to one 2 3/4" #8 shell. They are also very accurate. Both barrels of slugs at the same time resulted in hits at 25yds on a silhouette that looked about where the nipples are. All in all, they are lots of fun, but I have no idea if they will function in your pump gun.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

...I have tried to use it for about 10 years...bought some...it cycled perfectly through a Winchester 1200...got a new 1300...wouldn't cycle...got another 1200...wouldn't reliably cycle...bought about 80 slugs and 80 buck and tried them in two more pumps...unreliable...gave them all to a friend with a double...great concept but the ads warn us they may not cycle without a mod kit...and the online retailer'd never seen a mod kit...and the manuf's in Mexico...I gave up...they didn't feed reliably in any of the guns the ads said they would feed in...tried Mossberg, too...so in a double or single shot...I'd think they'd be fine...

Administrator
    It runs/feeds fine in an Ithaca 37.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

...thanks for that...been looking for an 8-shot Ithica...had a satin nickel back in 72...seems that Ithica's LEO guns are hard to get...

Links