Gun Owners jacking gun owners for bullets, pitiful!

This is a discussion on Gun Owners jacking gun owners for bullets, pitiful! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently I have been checking armslist.com for ammo. I can usually find .40 S&W at wally world but I always have an eye out for ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Gun Owners jacking gun owners for bullets, pitiful!

Recently I have been checking armslist.com for ammo. I can usually find .40 S&W at wally world but I always have an eye out for a "good deal". I have seen some things today that make me sick! For instance: 50 rounds of .45acp for $75, 50 rounds of .40 S&W for $35, 200 rounds of .40S&W for $140, 300 rounds of 9mm for Tulammo for $150, and even 50 rounds of federal 9mm for $50 per 50!

Has the world come to this? Gun owners lucky enough to score some ammo turn around and double and triple the prices on others. It enrages me to no end.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

Just the other day I stopped by a local po-dung surplus store and they had FMJ .38 for $1.00 a round. The dude told me that was the going price these days... I told him he jacking people. Try selwayarmory.com. They have good deals when you can get anything like ugly ammo. 250 rds for 75 bucks for a .40
    Kennydale likes this.

VIP Member
    its crappy but free market I won't participate
    Chevyguy85, Tzadik and RoadKill like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: Gun Owners jacking gun owners for bullets, pitiful!

That's what a bunch of people are doing down here...they go to academy and snatch up what they can, then sell it at 150% mark up...if they get a box of hydra shoks at 30$ per box...they're selling it for 60-90 if they can...

Its pathetic...but. it is the way much of society works. Supply and demand...I still think its wrong.
    darbo, Phaedrus and RoadKill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    That's what a bunch of people are doing down here...they go to academy and snatch up what they can, then sell it at 150% mark up...if they get a box of hydra shoks at 30$ per box...they're selling it for 60-90 if they can...

Its pathetic...but. it is the way much of society works. Supply and demand...I still think its wrong.
    I too champion the free market, but I wish people would quit BUYING at these inflated prices so they would come down. Bullets feel like gas. When Katrina hit it jumped from $1.80 to $2.99 and never really came down.

I almost feel like agreeing to meet one of these idiots to buy the ammo and give em a piece of my mind.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

It is getting kind of pathetic! On my local at armslist there was a guy who wanted $1500.00 for 1k rounds of 5.56
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Price gouging seems to be happening everywhere.We were going to shoot rifles some this weekend.I went to a gun shop,and they had some 223s(pmc),and they wanted 28.00 for a box,ugh.I stopped by a pawn shop that's been here a while, and they wanted 17.00 for the same ones.I didn't even try to buy any 5.56s.

Every time I look at Armslist I laugh. $800 glocks, I purchased a Ruger sr40c at Wholesale Sports for $439, after seeing a used one on Armslist for $550....Lame.
    smolck likes this.

Sellers are free to offer their goods for sale. Buyers are free to pay such prices as they're willing to pay. I'm free to go elsewhere.

Works fairly well, all things considered.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm guessing most of these guys selling ammo aren't actual gun owners. I'm betting most of them are people with enough "free time" to wait in line on the days that stores get their ammo shipments in. If you think about it, how many people do you know that would actually sell ammo they have? I know I sure wouldn't.

I'm sure there are places as high,but,there is an Ace Hardware in the town, beside me,that gouges as bad as anyone.I've never seen anything like them.It makes me mad,because,charging 60.00 for 50 fmj's for a 45 is a rip off.They had some 9mil fmj's,i didn't even ask how much they were.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the free market to catch up after the govt finishes capturing the market on ammo. They have to stop buying up all the ammo soon. Then the ammo manufacturers will be able to catch up.

Re: Gun Owners jacking gun owners for bullets, pitiful!

Walmart has even raised there prices. Scored some 45 win white box 100 rd value packs for $40 a box. Its getting where i cant afford to shoot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Recently I have been checking armslist.com for ammo. I can usually find .40 S&W at wally world but I always have an eye out for a "good deal". I have seen some things today that make me sick! For instance: 50 rounds of .45acp for $75, 50 rounds of .40 S&W for $35, 200 rounds of .40S&W for $140, 300 rounds of 9mm for Tulammo for $150, and even 50 rounds of federal 9mm for $50 per 50!

Has the world come to this? Gun owners lucky enough to score some ammo turn around and double and triple the prices on others. It enrages me to no end.
    Yeah, it's some people hoping to make a quick buck. Same with guns. On a local board I frequent, I've seen "LNIB" or "NIB" guns listed above MSRP, and WAY above LGS sellers. Here are some examples, with LGS Price meaning LGS price rage of local sellers when in stock, and GF price the price asking on the gun forum for a face to face:

637-2: LGS - 379 - 409; GF: 525!
    10/22 Carbine (base model, 18.5") LGS - 209 - 229; GF: 325!
    Shield 9mm: 450-ish GF: 650!

I could go on....

Interestingly it's the same guys always trying to sell the same weapons.....
    Last edited by PEF; March 11th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    No buyer likes inflated prices or price gouging.
    Most people want to make an extra buck when they legally can.
    Even from a buyers perspective, I'm reluctant to "cast any stones".
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links