Found some Ammo

This is a discussion on Found some Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While making my gun shop rounds today I stopped at a local fishing tackle shop, the shop had just received a shipment of 7.62x39(2k rounds) ...

Thread: Found some Ammo

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

Found some Ammo

While making my gun shop rounds today I stopped at a local fishing tackle shop, the shop had just received a shipment of 7.62x39(2k rounds) and an assortment of other calibers and 50 MagPul 30 round magazines. I'll be there when he opens this morning.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

The local Scheel's is pretty well stocked with PMags right now. Price is $25 each, a bit high compared to six months ago but not too terrible compared to other vendors.

I felt like I hit the jackpot this morning at my local Walmart. I purchased three 100 rd boxes of 9mm and scored 1,000 rds of 22 lr! It's sad when I get so excited about finding ammo.

About to head to my walmart! Fingers crossed lol
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

I need to get to FL asap and get some pmags :)

Quote Originally Posted by trackstarpre View Post
    About to head to my walmart! Fingers crossed lol
    I'm visiting family in West Columbia, SC and have been checking 4 Walmarts every morning since Monday. This morning I got 2-50 round boxes of 9mm Tulammo, the only 9mm they had at one of the Walmarts. From talking to the clerk, it sounds like I missed the Federal 9mm ammo by a few hours (truck came in yesterday afternoon, a guy bought his limit that evening, and came back and got his limit again early this morning). I was going to pass on the Tulammo, but I've been looking for FMJ for quite a while. My G17 should shoot it fine.
    Last edited by Remy; March 20th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

go figure my walmart didnt have anything!
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

I hate to be this way, but every time I see a title saying "Found Some Ammo" or WMT has Ammo... or the similar... I just want to scream out:

LIAR!

Picked up 970 rounds of 9mm from a Walmart in Omaha a few days ago. Got 8 100rd federal, 3 50rd federal and 1 20rd pdx1 +p.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    The local Scheel's is pretty well stocked with PMags right now. Price is $25 each, a bit high compared to six months ago but not too terrible compared to other vendors.
    Pmags wholesale price is still in the $10/$11 range and the unscrupulous dealers are presently using the buying frenzy to justify their outrageous markups. I've seen the Pmags priced at $50 to $70 at recent gun shows, and yes, I will remember not to shop at their stores again.

As I stated earlier that I would be at my LGS's door when he opened for business, I was there waiting with a cup of his favorite coffee. Yes, I bought ammo .22, & .40 that was priced a dollar or so above last years box prices. He still had some7.62x39, 308 and a few boxes of assorted calibers at closing time.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Found some Ammo
    I'll bet you have a Bigfoot for a pet too lol
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links